Come closer 13 - Unexpected

The next morning Justin wakes up and sees that he’s home alone. He goes to the kitchen and sees a note from Jen hanging on the refrigerator.

                                - I’m with Chris doing the Living Proof stuff, it will take us the whole day so I’ll get home late! Love youuu! Xoxo

 It’s 11 am and his cellphone gets a Whats app.

              - What if I go to lunch? We’ll have more time to talk!

 Shit. Shit shit shit shit. He completely forgot about that, he forgot to tell Jen. Fuck. He thinks. He doesnt know what to do. If he tells Jen that Heidi is coming to have lunch she will think she will leave before dinner, but wants to stay the whole day. Fuck.

 After five minutes thinking Justin decides what to do.

                 - Okay, come on now, but you have to go before dinner, okay?

                 - Ok, ok, see you now then : )

 Justin goes to change his clothes. He’s nervous, it’s been such a long time since the last day they met, their relationship did not end so well. He doesn’t know what to wear. He doesn’t know if he puts jeans or just a tracksuit. He doesn’t know if he should wear a normal t-shirt of his or a sleeveless shirt. He doesn’t know if he wants to impress her or not. She is his ex-girlfriend. He doesn’t know if he wants to make her know that he’s perfect without her or just wants to have a nice chat. He decided himself for the jeans and the sleeveless shirt.

 He drinks orange juice and eat a couple of cookies.

 Time to call Jen. He picks up the phone and calls her.

 No answer.

 He tries again. Nothing.

 He doesn’t give up. After a while she calls back.

 - Honey, what's up?

 - Why didn’t you answer your phone?

 - I was doing an interview!

 - Damn... well just wanted to say that Heidi... - Justin turns around. He just heard the doorbell. Shit. He heads to the door still with the phone in hand.

 - Heidi, what. Justin. Finish the sentence!

 - Wait a moment.

 - No! Justin, I have to keep on recording! - Justin doesn’t care and doesn’t answer. He opens the door and sees how Heidi is walking towards him. She’s wearing a tight black dress that reaches well above the knees. Justin doesn’t know what to say. He just waits until she gets closer to him and gives her a hand signal to not talk.

 - Sorry, what I meant is that Heidi is coming to lunch, okay?

 - Okay, okay, cool, have fun, by the way, tonight we'll have a super romantic dinner you and me huh?

 - Okaaaay... - Justin says smiling.

 - Oh, and you cook, goodbye. – Jen hangs up fast and he giggles. Heidi stares at him with her eyes meaning something like "helloooo, I'm here, I've come to your house, talk to me?"

 - Oh, uh... hi Heidi! - Justin says looking at her and giving her a hug. – Come in, come in.

They go to the living room and sit down.

 - How's it going? - Asks Justin.

 - Well, the truth is that everything's great... What about you? I heard that you’re engaged...