Light In Gloomy Way

A.N: Sorry to be late to update this story, but the whole story has been written, so I just need to update it. But for now, I'm going to update only 2 chapters. Enjoy!

When Penny approaches Sherman's room, she heard nothing except Sherman crying inside his room. She knocked on the door.

Penny : "Sherman (knock), Sherman."

There's no respond from Sherman, only crying sound from inside. While for Sherman, he's only crying on his pillow. His fear has come that Penny will make a revenge for him that bit her.

Sherman : "Oh no, she's coming. What am I going to do? Why would I ever bit her? Now she's mad at me."

Penny kept on knocking.

Penny : "Sherman (knock, knock), it's me, Penny. I promise I won't hurt you."
Sherman : "I don't believe it, Penny. Just admit that you wanted to make a revenge."
Penny : "What? Of course not."

Then, Sherman opened the door for Penny. Penny straightly saw Sherman that was very miserable. His hair is a bit messy and his eyes are covered with dried tears. She wants to hug him straightly, but he refused because she will injured him.

Penny : "Sherman, I'm so sorry about...."
Sherman : "It's just a joke that you wanted to harm me."
Penny : "No, I didn't want to harm you."
Sherman : "Really? I don't believe it, MURDERER!"

He then slaps Penny furiously and slam the door behind her, leaving her crying in pain outside of his room. He suddenly realized of what have he done.

Sherman : "Oh no, Penny, what've I done? You won't forgive now, will you? Well, I did this for your own good... and for my promise."

He then slaps himself like he did it to Penny. Then, he punched all of his body so that it'll injure very hard. He launches a lot of screams in pain. Penny heard him screaming and get to his room and found Sherman harmed himself. She ran to him and tried to stop him.

Penny : "Stop this, Sherman!"
Sherman : "No, Penny, I did this for both of us!"

Unexpectedly, he bit her leg so that she will stop bothering him, but she didn't. She screamed in pain, this is giving Sherman some time to take a pocket knife from his cupboard. He then stands holding the pocket knife and point the knife to his heart. Penny saw him and ran to him to take the pocket knife before he stabbed himself.

Penny : "ARE YOU NUTS?! WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO?"
Sherman : "I'm trying to save both of us."
Penny : "Save both of us, by what, suicide? It's not saving anyone, but hurt someone more."

Penny threw the pocket knife to the floor and saw Sherman who now crying and hugs him desperately.

Penny : "Shh... shh... it's okay, Sherman, it's okay now."

After that, Sherman felt okay and the dream stuff has already gone. Suddenly, Mr. Peabody approaches in front of Sherman's room and saw the two hugging. They both suddenly realized and broke apart.

Penny : "Oh, we could explain."
Mr. Peabody : "No need to. Penny, you did a great job comforting Sherman. I'm proud of you. Sherman, I'm glad that you finally calm."
Sherman : "It's okay, Mr. Peabody."

Penny suddenly asked....

Penny : "Uhh... Mr. Peabody, may we go to park? I think Sherman needs some refreshing."
Mr. Peabody : "Well, that's a great idea, yes you may."

So they both ran to the elevator and bade good bye to Mr. Peabody.

Sherman and Penny : "Good bye, Mr. Peabody."
Mr. Peabody : "Yeah, and take care."
Sherman : "Okay, we will."
Mr. Peabody : "Finally, a problem solved. Oh, could it be that Sherman likes Penny? I'll ask them later."

As the two got to the park, they both go to buy some ice cream. When they got to the ice cream stand, the shopkeeper ask them.

Shopkeeper : "What do you want to order?"
Sherman : "I want to order... Laura?"
Laura : "Sherman? I didn't know you grow that fast. Last time I saw you, you were just 5 years old. Oh, and it seems that you already have a girlfriend. So what do you order?"

They both blushed madly, but then Sherman finally ordered.

Sherman : "I want some chocolate and my friend, Penny...."
Penny : "I want some strawberry."
Laura : "Okay."

She then handed them chocolate ice cream and strawberry ice cream and Sherman paid for it. After he paid for the ice cream, they both look for a seat. They found a perfect place under a tree. They sit, talk and share a few laughs.

In the other side of the park, Sherman's friends, Mason and Cabrl saw them sitting on the bench. They were discussing about them.

Mason : "Hey, is that Sherman?"
Carl : "Yeah, and it seems like he's with...."
Mason and Carl : "Penny?!"

Suddenly, Penny's friends, Jill and Abby approached them and curious about what are they looking at.

Jill : "What are you looking at?"

Mason pointed Sherman and Penny without looking at Jill and Abby.

Abby : "Hey, is that Penny?"
Jill : "Yeah, and it seems like she's with...."
Abby and Jill : "Sherman?!"
Mason : "That's what I thought."
Abby : "Hmm... it's very strange."
Jill : "How about we approach them?"
Carl : "That's a great idea."
Four of them : "Yeah!"

Both of them approach the love birds slowly and they get closer and....

To be continued

A.N: That's it for this chapter, but there's more to come, see you.