Chapter 6 - Part 1

The tension building between the wrestling team was so thick it could be cut with a knife. Today was the team's first meet, and they were currently standing in the large gymnasium that belonged to Silver Creek High School.

The gym's floor had been covered in a silver wrestling mat, and one set of bleachers was pulled out directly on the side. 

While all of the newcomers to the team looked ready to pass out, Lauren, and the other returners, looked excited. It had been so long since Lauren had been on the mat with a real opponent, and even longer since she had been in the ring.

Lauren took a deep breath, but quickly stopped when the only smell that met her nose was the smell of dirty shoes, and sweat.

"Okay guys, this is it," Lauren set her bag down after the team found their own spot on the side of the mat. Only 2 other schools had arrived, but they were scheduled to compete against 5.

Lauren quickly made her way across the mat to the scorekeeper table.

"How many matches for the 135 weight class?" The young boy quickly flipped through the paper sitting in front of him, and found the chart for Lauren's weight class.

"For?"

"Jauregui."

"4."

Lauren grinned to herself, she usually only had about 2 matches when they had tournaments like this, and she usually didn't even get to wrestle those either, because the boy would absolutely refuse to wrestle a girl. Even though she won, she didn't like winning by default.

On her way back to her team, Lauren's attention turned to the red gym where Coral Coast high's team was walking through the door. The girl's blood went hot as she spotted Jessica fucking Adams walking through the double doors, looking as smug as ever. 

Lauren already knew that Jessica was going to be one of her matches, without even having looking at the chart, only because they were the same weight class. That is why they always ended up fighting against each other in the ring, and the mat. 

Jessica's long blonde hair was thrown into a messy bun, and her wrestling uniform hugged her body tightly. Lauren could see the gleam in her blue eyes from across the room, and she wanted to rip the girl a new one. 

Lauren could feel a growl threatening to make it's way from the back of her throat, but she quickly fought it back when Camila approached her, making her break her eye contact with Jessica.

"Lauren I have five matches today! I can't handle five matches! I don't even know if I can handle one!" Camila rushed out nervously, and Lauren felt her heartbreak at how Camila was visibly shaking.

"Camila look at me," Lauren grabbed the girl by her shoulders. "You will do fine... We have been practicing this for the past week, and you are the quickest learner I have ever had the pleasure of coaching. You are amazing, and your weight class is not that bad, you should be able to get through these no problem. You are a very strong girl, and I believe in you."

Camila calmed down considerably after Lauren's little mini pep talk. She took a deep breath to calm her nerves.

"Okay."

-

Camila stood in the center of the silver mat. Her feet were parallel to each other, and her weight was distributed evenly to both, just how Lauren taught her. She was face to face with a slightly muscular boy from East Side. His brown hair peeked from beneath his head guard, and his green eyes stared Camila down hungrily, it was making her uncomfortable really. If Camila could remember correctly his name was... Austin? She didn't really bother with the formalities.

"Okay you guys I want a nice clean match," The referee told the two, and they both nodded. The ref made a gesture to the scorekeeper and he started the clock.

Camila and Austin clapped hands, and Camila quickly yanked her back whenever Austin tried to hold on longer than necessary.

Camila's squared stance was quickly obstructed when Austin went straight for the take down, when Austin's arms quickly reached around Camila's waist, lifting her off of the ground, and slamming her onto her back, but Camila quickly flipped over onto her stomach to avoid being pinned.

Camila could hear the voices of her teammates, but Lauren's husky voice stood out above all them.

"Foot to the side Camila!" Lauren instructed her.

Austin was on her from the left side, so she let her right foot quickly escape from his hold, and planted it firmly on the mat. She quickly bent her knee so she was in a half kneeling position, and attempted to stand, but Austin still had his arms wrapped around her torso.

Camila truly thought that he was trying to cop a feel.

-

Lauren nostrils were flaring in anger, but not because Camila was getting beat, but because this asshole was trying to use his position to his advantage. There was no need for his hands to be placed over Camila's chest, there was no move that entailed that kind of hand placement.

"Wrist Camila!" Lauren barked out, her eyes cutting into the floppy haired boy, that currently had his hands on her crush.

Lauren could see Camila's skinny hand grabbing onto the boy's wrist, and she quickly turned her body, and used her petiteness to quickly escape from the back door.

Camila's movements were fast, and Lauren didn't know how Camila threw her body on top of the boys before he was able to stand up, but she did.

Camila pressed the heel of her palm in between the boy's shoulder blades, and forced him into the mat. Lauren heard the boys discomforted groan, and she only smirked to herself.

The boy was on his stomach, so Camila quickly grabbed onto the boy's right arm, attempting to flip him over. Lauren could see Camila's arm, and back muscles flexing, and she could almost feel herself drooling.

"Push Camila!"

"C'mon Camila!"

"Let's go Cabello"

The team was going crazy for Camila as she had the boy halfway turned, and with one final push the boy was on his back, and it was all over as his shoulder blades touched the mat. Camila held him in that position as the referee counted to three.

"Good job Camila!" Lauren felt her voice exit her before she could stop it, but she couldn't bother to be embarrassed by it. Not only did Camila win, but she showed that green eyed fuck boy who's boss. He's just lucky he didn't go up against Lauren. 

AN// I did not proof read this, and this is kind of shitty, but this chapter is broken into 2 because I didn't want 2 matches in just one chapter, and it would've been so long. Next chapter is Lauren vs Jessica. What do you think will happen? Let me know what you think! 

-Alexus