Chapter 7

Even though Lauren lost one of her matches, the combined scores with everyone else on the team was enough to pull out the number 1 ranking of Redland, but Lauren was still sulking about her loss.

In an attempt to make Lauren feel better, Joseph scored the gang a couple of UFC main event tickets, but even the camaraderie of the group, and Bigfoot Silva pummeling some no name in the octagon wasn't enough to cheer Lauren up.

    They were only about 5 rows away from the octagon, and the place was completely packed. Giant sweaty men filled the room with the occasional girl latched onto their arm.

    "Can I just go home?" Lauren let out a huff of air, leaning her head backwards to rest on the seat behind her.

    "No!" All three of her friends in unison.

    "Look Lauren... I know you're pissed about the whole Jessica thing bu-"

    "And the Camila thing" Dinah cut Joesph off, "but you can't go around moping. If you want something to change... make it happen."

    "It's not that easy!" Lauren snapped at her best friend, "do you think I like always losing to Jessica? No matter how long, or hard I train she always seems to be one step ahead of me! And the Camila thing is bullshit! Maia is a fucking kiwi faced hoe, and needs to step the fuck off of my girl, everyone knows I've been trying her for like ever..." Lauren looked down at the blood stained concrete before her eyes flittered back up, "She's not better than me... is she?"

    Lauren's always been insecure since the... incident.

    "Well right now, yes" Dinah answered bluntly. Her eyes showing no empathy.

"You need to girl the fuck up Lauren." Hailee finally made her appearance in the conversation. "Yes you've been hurt, and yes you don't know if she even likes you but for God's sake man you at least need to fight for it!"

Hailee's strong feeling for the subject caught Lauren off guard, but she knew what the girl was saying was true.

"All three of us have watched you hurt Lauren... and... and we can't do it any more. All the girls you bring home to fill the void it's not working." Hailee's seriousness could be felt, and the other two nodded in agreement.

"She doesn't want me!"

"How do you know? You haven't tried."

"I just do okay... how could she?"

Joseph grabbed Lauren's hands making her turn to face him. "Lauren Michelle Jauregui you are one of the most beautiful girls I have ever seen. You are so brave, honest, and beautiful. Camila would be lucky to have you as you would be lucky to have her," he kissed her knuckles, and Lauren cracked a smile.

"I love you guys," Lauren's smiled beamed, "bring it in," she opened her arms for a group hug the Joseph and Hailee quickly fell into, but they noticed Dinah wasn't there.

"Dinah what th-"

"Shut the fuck up!" the polynesian had her eyes locked on the giant man in the octagon, "Jesus Christ he is perfect."

The other three just rolled their eyes and resumed their much needed hug.

-

"What do you mean I can't wrestle next match?!" Lauren was furious. Coach Reynolds was just now telling her that her Chemistry grade had fell below par. It was a C, but Coach Reynolds refused to accept anything less than above average, when it came to wrestling or grades.

    "Bring it up, or don't compete," The middle aged man told her sternly before walking away.

    Lauren groaned loudly before sinking down against the wall.

    "What's wrong Captain?" Lauren heard the voice that made her heartbeat speed up, she picked her head up to meet a beautiful pair of brown eyes.

    Most people thought brown eyes were so boring, but Lauren loved them, even though the last pair of brown eyes she fell in love with broke her heart, but maybe these could be different. They were more beautiful that's for sure, and they were a gateway to an equally as beautiful mind.

    "I'm not aloud to compete," Lauren grumbled angrily. Camila took her place next to her on the ground, and Lauren's breath caught in her throat when Camila's knee grazed hers. "I'm not doing too hot in chemistry."

    "Chemistry? I'm great at chemistry. I'm in AP, and I have an A..." Camila looked thoughtful, "I could tutor you. I mean if you want?"

"Of course," Lauren smiled brightly.

AN// Once again I did not proof read. I just do not like reading my own writing if we're being honest. It's a little awkward for me. I mean I would love to have a beta reader if any one is interest? Message me or something! I'm joining track this month so I don't know just how much free time I will have, but I will try to stick to my Sunday updates! Let me know what you guys think, lots of love

- Alexus