Chapter 9

"I aced my chemistry test!" was all Camila heard before a solid body collided with her own, and she felt strong arms wrap around her. The smell of rain and pine invaded her senses and she immediately melted into the warm embrace.

Lauren quickly pulled back from Camila and held up her test in front of the girl. Camila's line of vision was blocked by a piece of white paper that had a large red "A" marked across the top, and what looked like Lauren's neat, printed handwriting on each line of the paper.

"That's amazing Lauren!" The large, and genuine smile that was plastered across Camila's face caused Lauren's stomach to drop, and her heart rate to almost double, this girl was seriously breathtaking.

Lauren gave Camila an equally as large smile in return, and offered to walk the younger girl to her class.

"So... since you helped me with chemistry," Lauren broke the comfortable silence between the two, "Maybe I can help you in wrestling?... I mean only if you want to?" Lauren trailed off, blushing slightly.

"I mean I-" Camila was cut off by an annoyingly loud voice.

"Oh Camila, Lauren hey!" Ingrid, Camila's best friend, cut the girl's conversation short. "I saw you at the match the other day, and must I say you look so good in uniform Lauren," Ingrid flirted effortlessly with the wrestling team captain.

It wasn't an odd occurrence for Ingrid to shamelessly throw herself at Lauren, but for some reason when Ingrid sloppily flirted with the captain, it irked Camila's nerves. She silently bitched about the girl to herself for a second, before wonder why the hell Ingrid flirting with Lauren even made her bat an eyelash.

Camila thought that it was because Lauren was her teammate, and she had gotten a small insight into the girls erudite, and didn't want her to undergo the blatant sluttiness being thrown her way. Camila quickly scolded herself for indirectly calling her best friend a slut, and also reminded herself how normally Lauren flirts back with the girl, so it wasn't even that big of a deal.

Camila watched the two interact and was flabbergasted when Lauren very obviously shook the girl off with a small uncomfortable smile and an "okay". Even Ingrid was shocked, quickly excusing herself,grabbing Camila by the bicep, and leading her away.

On the two girls hasty exit, Camila turned back to Lauren and answered the girls earlier question, "By the way, I would love to," with a small smile.

Camila couldn't see it, but Lauren turned away with a large grin spread across her, now rosy, cheeks.

-

Camila sat comfortable on the mats, and observed all her teammates quietly. Her attention was drawn to two girls on the JV team. Stefanie and Kelsey, they were both Juniors, but because of their almost non existent muscles, and weight, they were demoted to JV when they didn't win the wrestle off for varsity.

The two girl's weren't doing anything explicit, but they were in a very intimate position. Kelsey was straddling Stefanie's lap, her arms wrapped around the back of the girl's neck. They both had dopey grins stretching their cheeks out.

Though Camila was sat across the room from them, the feelings of affection were palpable. Both girls were encompassed with each other, and it was as if there was no one else in the world except for one another.

Camila wasn't sure why, but she enjoyed the feeling she got while watching the two, seemingly in love girls. Not in a pervy type of way, but in a 'I want that for myself' type of way, and when the two girls leaned in a shared a passionate kiss, Camila's cheeks felt as if they were on fire.

Camila didn't even know if she liked girls or boys, because she hadn't been with either, but she was open to both, but right now she was leaning more towards girls. Camila has always been searching for that emotional connection with another human, and watching the two girls across from her, she decided that an emotional bond between two girls was the strongest she could obtain.

"Is this seat taken?" A beautiful dark skin girl asked Camila, before Camila could even answer, the girl was already seated beside her. "You look like a creep ya'know?" The dark skin girl chuckled.

Camila blushed furiously, "do I even know you?" The Latina tried to deflect the girls comment, but her red cheeks didn't help. 

"No, but I know you... I'm Normani," the girl spoke confidently, flashing Camila a gleaming smile. "So... you like girls huh?" The dark skinned girl, Normani asked, causing Camila's blush to deepen.

"I uh- I- I- Um I don't know?" Camila stuttered out, and it was more of a question than a statement.

"There's nothing wrong with liking girls Camila," Normani spoke softly. Little did Camila know, that Normani was subliminally trying to direct Camila into the mindset of liking girls, to help out her good ol' captain; Lauren, into the picture.

"I mean especially the girls around here." The varsity wrestler chuckled. "Have you seen half the girls on this team?"

Camila's mild shortly flickered to deep sea green eyes, defined; yet soft abs, and a smile that could outshine a Christmas tree.

"I mean I guess," Camila uttered, clearly uncomfortable, but not for the reasons that Normani was thinking she was.

Camila wasn't completely okay with where her mind led her. Yes, she had began to learn a few things about the black haired girl, and yes, she liked how she looks without makeup, and in bummed out clothes, and no, she couldn't get her out of her mind, and she wasn't as bad as she had thought her out to be, but she was still a player, and Camila couldn't subject herself to that.

"Sorry for making you feel uncomfortable," Normani made an effort to move, but Camila quickly grabbed her by her forearm, stumping her attempt.

"No, It's not you, it's me," Camila face palmed herself, before picking her head back up, and shaking it off quickly, "I mean... you know what I mean." She sighed frustrated.

Normani looked at the girl intently, but before she could get a word out, Camila started spewing out the feelings that she had been bottling up for the past couple of days. She told Normani of the winged animals that swarmed around in her stomach every time Lauren touched her, and she told her about how beautiful the girl was without even putting in the effort.

Camila kept out how beautiful the girls mind was, wanting to keep a piece of Lauren to herself. Camila told her how she felt like she genuinely was starting to like the girl, but her player reputation was what was killing her. Camila let it all out, and by the end of her little tangent, she was out of breath.

"I think you should just let her prove herself to you," Normani reasoned with the girl, high-fiving herself for basically hooking Lauren up.

"I guess I should," Camila agreed.

AN// SORRY THIS IS LATE! But it is longer than it would have been if I had posted this yesterday, so I hope y'all are okay with it. Didn't proof read because, once again, I find it awkward. So hope you guys are happy with Camila giving Lauren a chance to prove herself! And why do you guys think Normani is trying to help the girls out despite not knowing them well? Anyways, let me know all of y'all's theories, and constructive criticism! Lots of love,

Alexus