Chapter 6 - Part 2

The 125 weight class was just finishing up with their final matches. Camila won two out of her five, and although that doesn't sound good, she is wrestling against boys, so it's a pretty big accomplishment.

Lauren was genuinely pleased with how her team was doing so far, but her weight class was next in line, and all she could think about was wiping the smug look off of Jessica's face. She was always showboating about how she was the best, but boy Lauren couldn't wait to prove her wrong.

Lauren peeled off her Redland High School jacket, and slipped out of her shorts. She grabbed her headpiece and fastened the buckle beneath her chin, making sure she could fit two fingers underneath the strap comfortably. 

Their wrestling uniform was basic, but Lauren had fallen in love with it over the years. The uniform was a light grey, with a large red tree that started from the right thigh and continued along the uniform all the way to the shoulder, though the tree was not their mascot, it envisioned strength, and that's what the sport was all about. Redland was printed across the top in white, and Lauren couldn't be more proud to represent her school. 

The last match finished, with a win for Redland, thanks to Normani Kordei, another talented female wrestler on their team.

Lauren was beginning to get in her mind set, but all of that flew out the window when she seen none other than Maia fucking Mitchell walk through the door with outspread arms, and Camila leap into them like they do in those shitty cliche love films. 

Before Lauren even had the chance to let her anger get the better of her, the referee was calling her over to the mat, to face off with her opponent. Lauren suddenly wished she was in the octagon, so she could lash out and throw vicious punches, and jabs, but this was a more contained sports, and in this moment Lauren wishes it wasn't.

Lauren shakes hands with her opponent quickly, and all she can hear is the pounding of her heart inside of her chest, but a laugh breaks through that, and then the sound of an annoying Australian accents, and Lauren loses it.

She lunges at the poor boy in front of her, and doesn't think twice about lifting the boy up off the ground, and slamming him down immediately. It all happens so quickly, and Lauren's brain slips into obliviousness, and the next thing she hears is dead silence, then an eruption of cheers from her teammates.

She was so caught up in her own emotions she didn't even realize she had the boy pinned beneath her, and she quickly scrambled to get off of him, flashing him a somewhat apologetic smile, when the referee raised her arm, declaring her the winner of the match.

Lauren was sitting off to the side of the mat stewing in her own jealousy when a shadow is cast over her. Lauren's green eyes glance up to be met with dark brown eyes, and skin. Normani gives Lauren a small smile in greeting, before taking a place beside the black haired girl.

"It's not hard to tell y'know?" Normani tells Lauren gently, and knowingly.

"What?"

"You like Camila," Normani quickly shuts down Lauren's little 'I have no idea what you're talking about' that she already knew was coming, "Don't try to deny it."

Lauren sighs deeply, and hangs her head in a defeated manner.

"Yeah I do, but I've been such an ass to her for the longest time, and I know she'll never go for it. Especially not when you have an Australian beauty chasing after you."

"Make her like you," Normani tried to pick Lauren's hopes back up, "Show her why she has to like you," Lauren raises her eyes to meet Normani's, "Why you deserve to have her like you."

"I-" Lauren was cut off once again by the ref calling her to the mat. "Another time," she promises Normani before standing from her seated position and making her way over to the mat, when she faces Jessica Adams, who still has that fucking smug smile on her face.

Lauren doesn't even both shaking her hand, and gets right down to the nitty gritty.

Lauren attempts to shoot for her legs, to go for the take down, but she over calculated, too blinded by hatred and emotions.  

Lauren fell to the mat, with Jessica on top of her who was eagerly looking for the pin. Lauren was thrashing around underneath her, trying to escape the girls hold, but it was no use. Jessica's lengthy form had already latched onto her like a leach and had Lauren pinned, and that just added to Lauren's frustration at the whole situation she was in.

Jessica's arm was raised at the end of the match, and so was Lauren's anger when she saw Maia lean in to whisper something in Camila's ear, and the Latina giggled like it was the funniest thing she had ever heard.

Something has to change. 

AN// Once again I did not proof read anything, so excuse all of the errors, but late Merry Christmas and early Happy New Years! Hope all of you are enjoying the holidays and continue to enjoy them! Let me know what you think about the story, and what should happen. Your comments make my day :). Lots of love, 

Alexus