Prologue

Thanks to willow_1d_5sos for the amazing banner.

Special thanks to Reema826 for editing the Prologue.

****************************************************************************************************

How did you get in?' I screamed in fright as I saw Shaun, my classmate, coming out of the bathroom, wearing nothing but just a towel. I was in a hotel room, as much as I remember, and was just going to open my dress when I saw him.

'How did you get in?' He screamed back as if I had asked him something wrong!

'How come you're here...er... I mean, isn't it my room?!'

'But the receptionist gave this room to me!' He said going back inside the bathroom so that I couldn't see his half naked body. I turned my back towards the bathroom door.

'You can take your clothes. I'm not looking at you.' He came in and I heard the sound of zipping. Maybe he was unzipping his luggage to take his clothes out. Then I heard the sound of shutting of door behind me. I looked back to see if he went inside the bathroom and he did. He came out after a few minutes.

'But how did we both get the same room?' He asked me, wearing a pyjama and a t-shirt.

'Let's go to the reception right now,' I suggested and he agreed. We both went to the receptionist and told the whole story to her of us getting the same room.

'Oh! I'm so sorry. I mistakenly booked the same room for both of you,' She said after surfing through the desktop on her table.

'Can I get another room for myself?' I asked in a furious voice.

'I'm really very, very sorry, ma'am but all other rooms have been booked. We can't provide any room to you right now, at this hour.'

'Then where do you expect me to stay?'I shouted. Shaun gestured to me to calm down.

'It's okay, we'll manage for tonight but, we surely need separate rooms by tomorrow.' Shaun said.

'OK sir, I will arrange another room and I apologize again!' She said with an apologetic grin on her face. Shaun nodded curtly and grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the lift before letting me speak anything again. He knew how mad I get when I'm angry.
On the way to our room, there was silence in the air; none of us spoke a word and I was too angry to speak anything. It was night time, I guess.

'What are we going to do now?' I asked Shaun at the very moment we entered our room.

'Look, we both know that we can't do anything else but spent the whole night in this room together. We have two separate single beds. You may sleep in the left one and I'll sleep in the right. Is that okay with you?'

'OK,' I nodded and continued, 'I'm hungry. Can we order something to eat?' I said in a less infuriated tone, trying to control my anger, sitting on the left bed. I possibly couldn't think of anything else than satisfying my stomach, at that instant, as it roared with hunger.

'Yes, sure. I'm hungry too. What do you want to eat?' He asked me and sat on his bed too.

'Tandoori chicken and fried rice, and you?'

'I'll also have the same then. You order.'

'But what's the reception number?' I asked him taking the hotel booklet in my hand and flipping through the pages. 'Aha! Found it!' I smiled and pointed my index finger on the booklet. 'It's 347689. Why can't you call? You're a man, after all, and men are made to do these kind of things, you know. It's called chivalry.'