[ 9 ]

A/N: Daniel Roy ---> Nikhil Roy
_________________________________ 

(Next day)

I woke up at 5 in the morning because our tennis classes were going to start from 6 a.m. After doing all the stuff one does in the morning, I hung my bag, containing of water bottles, skipping ropes and of course my tennis racket, along my shoulder and chose to walk to the tennis court as it wasn't far at all.

When we reached there, we found only two boys of Tanaya's age to have arrived there.

We kept our bags on one of the benches and sat there, waiting for the others to come. My sister started chatting with those two boys. In order to show superiority, I preferred not to approach them.

Even in this early morning, the sun didn't want to take rest at all. It poured so much of light on us that my legs started burning.

Thank god the roof of the bench gave us shade, or else my face would've got black by the end of the practice.

As I started noticing the other things in the court, someone unknown walked through the entrance with a tennis racket hung around his chest.

He wasn't tall enough. Probably just a few inches taller than me. But he looked cute with his small eyes, and hot with his walking style. He walked like a model. He wore a black t-shirt with shorts in the bottom and his hair was gelled up, making him look even hotter.

He kept his racket in a bench opposite to mine, and sat with an even hotter pose. He looked around him and I looked away so that he couldn't find me watching at him for so long. But I failed cuz he did. He was looking at me, when I looked at him through the corner of my eye.

Siddharth, or Sid, one of the boys with whom my sister was talking to, turned towards the unknown guy.

'Hey.' Sid said, forwarding his hand towards him.

The guy shook it and said, 'hey,' in return.

'I'm Siddharth. You can call me Sid.'

'I'm Nikhil. Nice to meet you, Sid.'

So he is the mysterious guy.

'You too.' And then Sid asked Nikhil a few more questions, which wasn't audible enough for me to hear.

I turned to my right to see my sister's and her friend's mouth to be wide open.

'He's such a jerk.' Muttered my sis.

'Yeah, he is.' Replied her friend, Manas.

'What happened?' I asked, confused.

'I asked Sid who that guy is and he said he'll find out and come back. But he didn't. He's busy talking to his new "friend",' said Tanaya, quoting the word friend in the air.

'Haha. All boys are like that. You just got to know that lately, dear.' 

'Don't make fun of me,' and she widened her eyes which told me that it was a warning. If I didn't follow her, she'll beat me up in front of everyone.

I preferred not to rage her. I didn't want to create a scene there. Especially, spoil my image in front of Nikhil.

'But hey I'm not like that,' said Manas all of a sudden, pouting towards me.

Actually, Manas acted as if I was his crush, but I wasn't. He was a play boy in nature. He always tried to impress me.

Both Tanaya and I looked at him with disgust on our faces.

'What? Ain't I looking cute?' Manas asked.

I turned my face to my left. I didn't want to look at his disgusting trials on me. I heard Tanaya scolding him. I felt good.

By this time, the court had been filled up by many children. Most were junior to me. There were only four girls - one was senior to me and the other was Tanaya's friend. The senior girl didn't even feel my existence, I guess, as she didn't even look at me for once and kept herself busy with the senior boys.

The coach appeared soon. He, at first, gave a short introduction of himself and tennis. He told us about the basic things that is required in it, like what's the most appropriate place of holding the racket, or which area of the net of the racket would give a better bounce to the ball.

Then, he made us run five times around the whole tennis court. The tennis court was very very large. Running five rounds was like killing the life out of our legs.
But I was a long distance runner. It didn't bother me much. I was the first one in completing the rounds.

Then there was stretching and after that, attendance.

The coach separated the seniors from the juniors and told them to play in the other court (there were two courts).

I fell into the junior category. I was glad as I knew the seniors wouldn't converse with me, even though most of them knew me.

And alas, it was the end of the morning session. There were sweet packets distributed to everyone at the end.

I wasn't that happy with the other kids that took part there. No one belonged to my class. I had no one to chat with.

Yet, I felt a ray of hope of something good to happen soon. I guessed that that ray of hope came from Nikhil.

But I had just guessed.

__________________________________

A/N: This chapter isn't edited.
First of all, I'm so sorry for not updating for so long. I got busy with my other book. But updates will be slow from now on. I'll be changing a few things in this chapter soon.
Please make sure you don't forget to vote and/or comment. Thanks for reading and stay tuned!