[ 7 ]

A/N: This chapter has not been edited. So please ignore the errors. Happy reading!

******************

I was standing behind, shocked. 

I didn't understand the situation at all cause this wasn't possible. I had seen something in Sam's eyes that said that there was a chance for us. 

But then why did he propose Dana? Did he really love her?

My instincts were never false. I still felt that spark between me and Sam. But...

I masked my feelings, went forward and said to Sam, 'Well done. I'm happy to see you both together.'

'Thank you,' was his reply.

Then I marched back to my seat, and decided not to think about them. 

After school, I didn't care to look at them; if they went home together or not.

I decided to forget Sam. After all, I wasn't even knowing what my feelings exactly were for him.

That day was the last working day. Our summer vacation would start from the next day. I'd keyboard class in the evening at the Cypress Charter School. Here, students were taught art, how to play different musical instruments and various dance forms.

My sister too learnt keyboard with me but she didn't go most of the days as the music teacher there would show me how to play and then tell me to teach that lesson to my sis. He made no extra effort for Tanaya. So she didn't go.

There were no girl or boy of my age, learning in the first year like me. There were children, of eight or nine years, learning with me, except for a girl who was of 22 or something. I used spend most of my time with her. 

But that day, she too didn't come. 

I felt so low. I'd already had a rough day at school and then, in keyboard class too. But I managed. A boy, two years younger than me, played much better than he ought to play. 

We were sharing notes of different songs that we knew. I learned something from him, he learnt somethings from me. 

This way I passed the time and I enjoyed a lot too. The day no longer appeared a rough one for me. Soon, it was time for us to leave the class. 

I was going home by my cycle when that guy from the keyboard class came from behind and took a turn towards me, without giving any notice to me, and our cycles crashed and we fell. 

I tried to get up but my cycle was all over me. My leg started hurting. 

Suddenly I saw two people approaching towards me. I hadn't worn my spectacles that day so I couldn't figure out who those two people were. When they had come to a distance from which I could see them, I understood who they were- Derek and Sam. 

I didn't want to see Sam's face again. I'd forgotten him. Why did God send him here? What is God doing with me?

Derek came and picked up my cycle, helped me to get up and scolded that guy for his reckless cycling. While Derek was helping me, Sam was just standing at a distance and watching the whole scene.

Oh how I hated that guy!

'Are you hurt?' Asked Derek. Derek's actual name is Daruk Aggarwal but everyone generally called him Derek. He was a Don and a play boy. i didn't like him at all. He was a total jerk.

'No, I'm fine. Thank you,' I replied.

'Oh it's my duty to help a girl like you dear.'

This was why I hated Derek. He was such a flirt!

I didn't give any attention to his last sentence and moved towards my house by my cycle. Derek started following me and so did Sam. 

'Where are you going?' asked Derek.

'Where I can sleep, eat, study, party, can do shit anytime I want to and the list goes on....,' I answered.

'My house? Oh let's go then. Follow me.' 

Oh, why does he have to be so flirty?

'I was talking about my house.' 

'Oops sorry...'

There was silence for sometime.

'Hey, Tamanna, where had you gone?' Sam asked.

I was shocked cause I thought he would keep mum for the whole journey to my house.

'To the Cypress Charter. I learn to play keyboard there, in case you're going to ask that next.'

'Yeah, I was going to-' Sam was cut off by Derek.

'Hey Tammy, I forgot my Divya's house is near yours, isn't it?'

Divya was a very good friend of mine. She was very studious, matured and beautiful. The only thing was that she was little overweighted. But she didn't look bad for that, from my point of view. She and Derek were committed from three years then. Although they both were together, Derek had cheated her a number of times. Divya easily forgave him; Derek had taken her for granted.

'First of all, don't call me with that name. Second of all, yes, Divya's house is near mine.'

'Okay, sorry, I won't. I wanna go see her man.' 

Sam and I, both didn't reply to him. Soon we reached my house and I said bye to them.

I wondered what God was trying to tell me by those encounters with Sam. First that dream and then that the cycle one. Maybe God wanted to tell me that I should keep up my  hopes with Sam. Or maybe I was thinking too much.

I didn't understand what to do. Whom to choose. Well, I didn't have any options too. So I waited for the next thing to happen. 

******************

A/N: Hey my dear readers. Thanks for reading and make sure to leave a vote and/or a comment if you like this chapter. 

So any guesses for what can happen next? Will there be any encounters with Sam again or is she gonna meet someone else? Reply on the comment section below. The one who'll be the right guesser will get a dedication in the next chapter! Till then, stay lovely!