Jeonghan || Fantasy

(From Jeonghan's POV, Y/N)
-------------------------------------------
I laid there, on a leaf, looking up into the sky. It was beautiful. The sun was shining bright and the breeze was soft and calming. I closed my eyes and took in a deep breath.
"Ah, it's so nice to be out again." I smiled to myself.
You see, I'm an elf. I'm a poor elf. I work as a butler for a rich fairy family. I have to do whatever they tell me and serve them like they're kings and queens. I get almost no days off, working long hours everyday. It's so exhausting. I really wish I was a human. Humans are big, and kind, and they have so much more freedom. Humans can stomp on fairies, and elves of course. But that's not the point. They have lives so much better to what I could imagine. I really want to be human.
But the only way for an elf to become human, is if a human and elf kiss. True loves' kiss, like in Shrek and The Frog Prince. Oh course I've been looking around for a human to fall in live with. Luckily for me, I found them. She is beautiful, graceful, caring and kind hearted. She comes to the gardens where I live everyday. She always sits under the big old oak tree and reads for an hour or so. After that, she writes. I don't know what she writes about, but she always seems so immersed in what she's writing.
I've been very subtle when trying to get her attention. A few days ago, I snuck out of work to leave a rose in her little reading spot. And then a couple of weeks ago, I left her a little note and stuck it to the tree bark. I watched her read the note and sniff the rose. She started smiling. Every time I leave something for her, she instantly gets happy and smiles for a long time.

Today was the day. The day I was going to gather all my courage and talk to her. For an elf, this is a very difficult task. What if she squashes me? Or is creeped out? I am a three inch tall creature. She'd probably scream.
Ugh, I don't know what to do. I'll just be natural. I was already laying on a leaf on the oak tree, overlooking her reading spot. I just had to wait until she arrives. I kept glancing in the direction she usually comes in. I sat up suddenly, ruffling the back of my hair.
"I'm going crazy!" I whined, covering me face with my hands. My long hair was now messy and my face had gone red. I looked down, straight ahead, to see her walking towards the tree. That's strange, she usually comes from the opposite direction...
I stood up and jumped from leaf to leaf until I was as low as I could possibly land. Now the question is, how do I get down? On the ground?
I found a falling leaf. It was close enough for me to jump onto. I pounced on it, and did some wind surfing before gently landing on the grass.
She sat down, next to where I was standing. Now I just had to figure out a way to get her attention.
I watched her contently. Before she pulled her book out of her bag, she looked straight ahead, as if she was waiting for something. I looked around, seeing if there was someone who was supposed to be meeting her. But the gardens were practically empty today. I looked up at her, slightly confused.
She gave a small grin before speaking, "You not going to introduce yourself?"
I, again, looked around to see who she was talking to. I was the only other person there though. She suddenly averted her attention to me. She laughed a bit, I guess my expression was kind of funny.
"I'm Y/N." She stated, holding her hand out for me to climb onto. I stepped on her palm and stood in the middle of her hand. She lifted me up so our eyes were level.
"And your name is..?" She asked nicely.
"Jeonghan." I replied sheepishly. She grinned again and nodded.
"You know I've been waiting for you? All the little things you'd leave me. Like the letter, the flower... I was waiting for you to come out. I really wanted to meet you too!"
I smiled brightly at her words, "Um, can I ask? Would it be alright if we... you know, got to know each other?" My cheeks went pink.
She started to chuckle before she whispered, "Sure."

2 months later

I ended up living with Y/N. We became close friends. We tell each other everything. After she found out about my living and working conditions, she insisted I lived with her. So since then, I've been staying at her house.
"Jeonghan? Is there anything you haven't told me?" She asked, slight nervousness in her voice. I shook my head.
"Oh... Okay."
"Why?" I sat on her coffee table and looked at her with bright eyes.
"Just because, I haven't told you everything..." She trailed off.
"Really? What haven't you told me?"
She gave out an embarrassed laugh, "I'm in love with an elf." I froze. She, is in love, with me? She eyed me and grinned sheepishly. I beamed at her and signalled her to pick me up. Once I was close enough, I leaned in and planted a small kiss on her lips. It was quick and sweet. But enough for her to feel shocked.
I felt a growing sensation in my stomach, it was literally growing. I was growing. I kept growing and growing. I ended up sitting on Y/N's lap. I was now taller than her by at least 10 centimetres. I was finally a human! She looked at me with wide eyes, clearly confused and surprised.
"Don't you mean, you were in love with an elf?" I chuckled. She laughed and nodded, before kissing me again.

A/N
First imagine of the book! Merry Christmas everyone! :) have a great day!