s i x

an; may be triggering, read at your own discretion

 The following week, neither Subin or Jimin attended the therapy session. To say Lina was concerned would be the understatement of the century. What's wrong with them? was the only question occupying Lina's mind as Yejun rambled endlessly. 

"Now I know that we're short of two members, but I'd like us to continue this session as we normally would. Yoongi, why don't you start? How do you feel at the moment?" 

As the short and shy boy stood and delivered his usual feedback, Lina couldn't help but grow distracted at the feeling of her phone vibrating consistently in her jacket pocket. When the buzzes became rapid, she stood up and excused herself before jogging into the empty corridor. 

She had over twenty missed calls from Jimin (they had exchanged numbers last week) and worry instantly submerged her. Without a second thought, she pressed onto his contact number and impatiently awaited an answer. Just as the call was about to end, she heard the beeps stop and the sound of breathing became prominent from her phone. 

"Jimin? Jimin, what's wrong?" She panicked and began speed walking to the exit of the building. 

"Can you please come to my house?" His voice sounded strained and hurt. 

"Of course. What's your address? I'll be there as soon as I can." 

Lina sat inside a taxi with her leg mindlessly bouncing in worry and her pupils dilating in fear. Jimin didn't sound like himself, she knew something was wrong with him. It took a while for the taxi to arrive at Jimin's house. Lina vaguely remembered him informing her his house was a relatively far distance from the community building where the therapy sessions were held.

Eventually, the vehicle pulled up outside a block of apartments. Lina had barely enough money to pay for the unsurprisingly pricey journey but she didn't care, even if it meant she had to walk home. She thanked the driver before climbing out of the taxi and helically beginning to try and find the number belonging to Jimin's apartment.  

"21, 22..." She whispered unknowingly until her eyes stumbled upon the apartment number 32, Jimin's apartment. 

She pushed the door open and stumbled inside. The front room was empty so she ventured further into the apartment. She reached the stairs and called his name but there was no response. Lina climbed up the stairs and looked around the small hallway until she noticed a slightly open door which she immediately approached. 

Lina expected anything but the sight which beheld her.

Jimin lay still on a tiled floor with blood gushing out of his forearms and thighs. The sight alone was enough to make Lina want to throw up. She immediately kneeled by his side and brought her trembling fingers to his neck, desperately trying to find a pulse. Luckily, a faint yet existent pulse was found. 

"Jimin, can you hear me?" She asked shakily as she gathered a pile of white towels from beside him. 

He groaned and turned his head slowly to face her. He was barely conscious but completely aware of Lina's presence. She began wrapping the towels around his obviously self inflicted wounds with as much consideration as possible, tying them at the ends with the hair ties from her wrist. 

"Why would you do this to yourself, Jimin?" Lina whispered as she continued trying to aid him, tears begging to fall onto her cheeks. 

"I'm sorry." He whispered before his eyes shut, the blackness overwhelming him until he was sent into a state of unconsciousness. 

an; poor jimin :( :( :( 

writing this made me really sad