t h e e n d

author's note; after writing the previous chapter i decided that i'm going to draw this book to a close. i'm actually quite happy with how this book turned out, i just feel like if i carried it on further it wouldn't be as good. 

with that been said, i'd like to thank everybody who has read and voted for therapy! i hope this book shows that no matter how many bad days you go through, how many obstacles life decides to throw at you -- there is always a light at the end of the tunnel.

to all my lovely readers - stay safe and happy, feel free to message me if you ever want to talk. i love you all a lot! <3

February 2024

"Once upon a time, there was a girl who lived in a magical faraway land with her mother. This girl was a bit different to the others because she was sad a lot of the time. She felt upset when she woke up and upset when she went to sleep. 

Her mother took her to see a magic man called Yejun, who tried to help her feel better again. He helped other people too and the girl made lots of friends there. One of her friends was a boy who liked to paint a lot. The girl liked him very much.

The months passed and the girl began to feel a lot happier. She became very good friends with the boy and they talked almost everyday. One time, he painted a picture of her and she loved it very much. 

Both of them--

I stop speaking after noticing Somang's eyes are now closed. 

"She's asleep?" Jimin asks in a hushed tone, leaning against the doorframe behind me. 

"Yeah," I whisper quietly before turning off Somang's pink nightlight. I brush her fringe back with my hand, allowing space for me to gently kiss her forehead. "Goodnight, sweetheart." 

Jimin pushes himself off the doorframe and walks towards her bed, crouching down beside me. He smiles gently as he takes her little hand in his own.

"Sweet dreams, Somang." 

~

"You know," Jimin starts, turning over so that he's facing me. "That story sounded a little familiar."

 "It did?" I jokingly pretend to be clueless.

"Just a little." He responds with a knowing grin, "but I was upset that I didn't get to hear the ending. Mind telling me?"  

"Fine," I smile, "...and they all lived happily ever after."

The end.