s e v e n

Jimin woke up in a regrettably familiar room inside the hospital. Before he could even question himself as to why he was there, although he had a fair idea due to the bandages covering his limbs, he noticed a set of auburn hair on the bed where the slouched and asleep frame of Angelina sat. He gulped and looked around the room, his eyes hovering over the wires in his wrist and the machines beside his bed, desperately wishing his memory wasn't so blurred. 

Lina stirred in her sleep before waking up. Jimin wanted to pretend he was asleep to avoid the guilt he felt for putting her through that but decided facing her would be the better option. Her tired eyes slowly flickered towards Jimin's (now open) eyes, the fatigue inside her worried body instantly deteriorating. 

"Jimin, you're awake!" She cheered quietly and sat up, leaning forward to cautiously embrace him. "How do you feel? Are you okay?" 

"I'm fine," Jimin coughed with a hoarse voice. "What happened?" 

"You-You self harmed, Jimin. Don't you remember? You called me and I found you just in time." 

Her words struck a nerve inside Jimin. He couldn't even remember feeling sad, never mind hurting himself again. By the look of Lina, he knew she had been crying. Her dark eyes were swollen and red, her eyeliner smudged on her cheeks. He felt incredibly guilty because he hated seeing her hurt. 

"I'm sorry for putting you through that, Lina. I'm so so-"

"There's no need to apologise," she interrupted him softly, setting a hand onto his knee comfortingly. "I'm just glad you're okay." 

It was silent for a few moments. Lina wanted to hug Jimin until he felt happy again and Jimin just wanted to get out of the all too familiar room before doing anything else. Lina opened her mouth to break the silence but a tall, brown haired boy beat her to it by bursting through the door and almost falling over beside Jimin's bed. 

"Jimin, hyung! How are you? I came as soon as I heard!" The unnamed boy rushed towards him. 

"Jin, I'm fine." He sounded tired and pained as his friend of many years continued to fuss over his well-being. 

"Oh, sorry I didn't see you there," Jin said once he noticed the short girl adjacent to Jimin's bed. "My name is Jin, I assume you're the famous Angelina?" 

What's that supposed to mean? Lina pondered.

"That's correct. It's nice to meet you, Jin." She bowed as a polite greeting. 

"Your dad is getting the earliest flight home in the morning, Jimin. He's really worried about you. What happened?"

"I can't remember much but I think I relapsed again." Jimiin sighed and ran his hands through his red hair in frustration. 

There was a soft knock on the door and a woman attired in a nurse uniform stepped inside, a clipboard in her hands and a warm smile on her face. She stood at the end of Jimin's bed and began to speak. 

"Good morning, Jimin, I'm your nurse, Thalia," she then sat on the edge of his bed, "I'm here to talk to you about your condition. You lost a measurably high amount of blood yesterday but you'll be absolutely fine. Now regarding your mental health, we're trying to arrange the right medication in order to prevent you from relapsing again. What I'm going to tell you now is completely optional but I recommend you doing this. I think it would help you if you decided to stay in a mental health hospital for a few weeks, just so your health can be closely monitored and you can recover in the right way. Remember, it's completely optional-"

"I'll do it." Jimin interrupted the nurse who looked at him in surprise. 

"That's great news, Jimin. We'll arrange everything for you. For now, you just need to rest." 

Jimin wanted to get better -- no -- he needed to get better.