n i n e t e e n

"Jimin, you have a visitor." Evan announces, peeping his head through the door which is only slightly agape. 

"I do?" Jimin frowns, wiping the last of the paint from his jumper. Although Evan tried his hardest to cover for us, the other staff caught us on our way back to my room. Here we are, sitting in the laundry room with a bucket of soapy water in between us. 

"Do you want me to come with you?" I ask quietly and he nods. 

"Please," 

Evan leads us through the corridor like he always does despite us knowing where to go. It isn't long before we reach the visiting area, where I'm quick to notice a middle aged woman sitting on one of the many neon sofas. She has short, presumably dyed blonde hair and is attired in a formal business suit. I study her sharp features, instantly releasing the resemblance between her and Jimin. 

"Mom?" 

I snap my head towards him, slightly startled. Despite their uncanny resemblance I never expected her to actually be his mother. Jimin has told me numerous of times that he hasn't spoken to his mother in months as work has always been her main priority. Even when Jimin was taken into hospital she didn't even bother to visit, her excuse was that she had a business meeting in Jeju to attend. 

"Hello, Jimin," she greets formally, standing up to bow slightly before sitting straight back down. 

I look at Jimin concernedly in case he begins to get upset. If anything he looks more annoyed than sad. I don't blame him to be honest. I would be angry too if my mom didn't bother paying me a visit. 

"What are you doing here, mom?" He asks skeptically, finally sitting on the sofa beside her.

"I've came to take you home, Jimin," 

I stare at her whilst still standing awkwardly beside the two. What is that supposed to mean? 

"Home?" 

"Yes, home. You're not spending one more minute in this mad house,"

My blood boils, my fists tighten. How dare she? 

"Don't be ridiculous, mom. I'm not leaving. I'm not better yet," Jimin instantly protests. 

"There's nothing wrong with you, there never was. You were a confused teenager who didn't know what to do and thought injuring yourself was the answer," 

"Mrs Park, with all of your respect-" I begin but am unsurprisingly cut off. 

"Who are you?" She frows, scanning my spare clothes from head to toe. 

"I'm Angelina, your son's girlfriend," I breathe. 

"Jimin, you have a girlfriend? I've already told you countless times; no girlfriends until you finish university!" His rude mom remarks, looking at me in disgust. No wonder Jimin doesn't associate himself with this cruel woman. 

"Don't look at her like that," Jimin forces her gaze away from me. "I'm not leaving here, not until I'm better," 

"Actually, I can take you out of here whenever I want to. You're not eighteen until October, I have full control until then," 

"Mom, you can't do this," I notice tears surface in his eyes. "I'll relapse again," 

"Don't be stupid," she rolls her eyes. "I'm not willing to be known as the woman with the crazy son any longer." 

"Mrs Park, Jimin, your son, is sick. If you make him leave there's no way he'll fully recover," 

"You are in no position to give me advice," she scans me up and down and it's only then that I realise my shirt is short sleeved, my scars are on display. "Look at you!" 

"Is everything okay in here?" Evan is standing by the door, looking fully aware that something is wrong. I stare at him without bothering to blink away my tears. 

"No, nothing is wrong Mr Peters," Jimin's mom responds, glancing at Evan's name tag. "In fact, everything is great. I'd like to take Jimin home today,"

"Mrs Park, Jimin is still very unwell-" Evan begins but once again the rude woman interrupts. 

"He admitted himself here voluntarily, nothing was ever compulsory. I'm his legal guardian and I'm taking him home whether I'm advised to do so or not." 

They begin to discuss matters but their voices turn small and unimportant. Instead, my tearful gaze transfers to Jimin and I can't help but run towards him. I pull him close to me, holding him by his waist as my hands grip the back of his oversized sweatshirt. I know fine well that this may be our last time together for a long while; Jimin's mom is right, she does have full control even though she doesn't deserve it.

"You'll be okay," I whisper shakily into his ear.

"I won't, I won't be able to cope without you Angelina," a tear rolls down his cheek and my heart consequently shatters. 

"You can visit me, everything will be fine," I say into his ear, not even believing my own words. "Everything will be fine."