1000 Paper Cranes - 1D fanfic

No one should ever have to deal with the pain and loss that cancer brings to one’s life. It not only affect the victim but those who care, love and support. 

One girl has one wish and each day as she folds more paper cranes she is one step closer to making that wish. 9 year old Katie has managed to touch everyones heart with her positivity and courage. For her to get her wish she folds 1000 paper cranes just like the Japanese story. 

Her one wish: to meet her idols. The members of One Direction. That’s all she wants as she know’s she has a slim chance of getting better. 

*   *   *

Sitting in the white room of the hospital, nothing has changed since day one. Katie was still fighting her brain tumour and spending all her time folding paper cranes when she wasn’t sleeping. Two weeks ago the tumour was picked up on a scan and two weeks is how long she’s known about it. Her time remaining is very little, she knows that, yet everyday she still seems happy. In two weeks she had made 159 paper cranes and with the little time she had left she planned to make the rest. 

Katie may only be 9 but she keeps telling herself to stay strong, that she has to fight this cancer and survive. The doctors say she has about two more months to live and if she is lucky it could be three. Her family can see the way she talks to herself as she folds each crane saying that isn’t going to give up and tries to stay strong. 

Her and her family know that the cancer is bad, and that the doctor’s were unfortunately able to get all of it, but everyone is hoping that it will stop growing and she will live the life that is un-planned ahead of her. While she is fighting for her life she has planned to make 1000 paper cranes to get her wish just in case the doctors are right and that her time will run out. Her wish is not to live but to meet her idols, One Direction, before she dies.