Chapter 3

Prince Harry chapter 3

The rest of his day had been spent loitering around the castle, chatting up any young maid servant that he could find. When that became boring, he went down to the village to buy a few drinks.

By the time he arrived back home, it was late in the evening. He made his way into the dining area just as Eleanora and his mother sat down to eat. Des was already there with a full plate.

Swaying to his seat, Harry collapsed into it heavily.

There was small chatter in the room when there was a crash and Harry fell into his seat. He smelled greatly of alcohol, a bit rancid if she was honest.

Anne looked at him disapproving as Eleanora looked at him shaking her head.

"Are you drunk? Before dinner?" She asked as his hooded eyes looked up at her, revealing his flushed face.

"You smell of a bar."

All Harry could manage was a small hum and a nod. Even with all the alcohol running through his veins, he could still feel that horrible pain.

Anne sighed, looking at her son sadly. The winter months had always been particularly hard on him, especially after Gemma's taking. She wished he wouldn't drink his sorrows away and would talk to somebody instead.

"Eleanora," the queen said quietly, "leave him be." Though she was still upset because of his actions, Anne made him a plate. It was doubtful that he would eat any of it but she felt the need to comfort him in some way.

Eleanora was curious as to what was going on. She knew there must have been something going on she didn't know about.

But she left well enough alone and ate her dinner, looking worriedly at Harry every so often. What drove him to drink this much? His mind must have been in a quarrel to have to drink his sense away.

She let him be, and once she was finished, she went up to her room to retire for the night. She fell asleep dreaming of him, and how she could possibly help.

"Come on now, dove. Into bed."

Harry blinked his heavy eyes, looking up to see his mother as she leaned over him. Blankets were tucked around his half clothed body, hair brushed from his face. He wanted to thank his mother but sleep engulfed him before he could.

-

Harry awoke with a start, gasping and clutching his throat. "Gemma!" He yelled, searching the darkness of his room. Nothing. There was nothing. Tears choked him as he ran his hands through his sweaty hair.

Like usual, Harry roamed the castle for a few hours. Tonight was particularly bad, as he seemed half there and half not.

He didn't even realize it wasn't his bedroom that he entered, rather it was Eleanora. He eased himself into bed next to her, cuddling against her warmth, before falling back to sleep.

Eleanora felt the bed dip a warmth next to her, and cuddled into it, not knowing what it was. She was quite a heavy sleeper, so when she woke up she was in for a rude awakening.

The sun shine through he's curtains and she felt a nice warmth as her eyes opened. Except, she didn't expect to feel the heavy arm over her waist and the head of curls buried in her neck.

A loud scream left her as she pushed the person away, chest heaving. How the hell did he get into her bed?

One minute, Harry was basking in the unfamiliar blackness of sleep, and the next found him sprawled out on the floor.

A long groan of pain escaped him once he managed to reclaim the breath that had been knocked out of him. He cradled his throbbing shoulder as he rocked back and forth.