Chapter 5

"I'm going to let them take me, Harry."

Screams and the smell of burning wood filled the air.

"What!? No. You --"

The footsteps of a galloping horse drew closer.

"You are destined to be king. They will leave with one of us. I want it to be me."

"Gemma, don't --!"

"I am so sorry."

They found her.

-

"Gemma," Harry moaned brokenly, writhing against the sheet. "Gemma... Gemma, please..." A broken sob ripped from his throat.

The touch of cool hands to his cheek had him gasping, eyes shooting open. Everything was blurry and he was hot. Much much too hot. He grasped the hand desperately.

"We have to save her," Harry rasped.

Harry's whimpers started to get loud. What was wrong with him? She was a bit scared, she didn't know what to do.

Broken whimpers of 'Gemma' and sobs were leaving him, making her panic. Who's Gemma? And why is she making him this distraught?

"Harry? Harry get up! Come on Harry, wake up, I'm right here." He soothed, stroking his warm cheek.

Suddenly his eyes shot open and he grabbed her hand looking frantic, and he repeated the Same sentence over and over.

"Hey, shhh. It was just a nightmare Harry. You're safe. Breathe for me, I'm right here." She soothed, pushing hair out of his face. His fever must be getting worse.

"We must save her. We must. They've taken her," Harry couldn't stop his frantic repeat of those words. Gemma was out there somewhere, all alone. Harry couldn't just /lay/ here! He had to go find her!

Eleanora's hands eased him back into bed when he attempted to climb out. It had a weak cry of protest leaving him. What was she doing!?

Rapid breaths had his chest heaving, body trembling with his fear and weakness. Sweat matted his curls to his face. His eyes were half-blind as they searched the room.

The smell of death and ash clogged his nose, driving him crazy. "Save her... Gemma... gone..." Harry whimpered, clinging close to the warm body next to him, shaking with sobs.

She felt awful. Harry's fever was making him have dreams that he must have felt were real.

Sobs wracked his body as he clung to her, repeating 'save her', 'gemma', and 'please, no!' Over and over again. Her hand tried to soothe him, but he wasn't seeming to react to it.

She took his face in her hands and knew she had to snap him out of it.
"Harry! I'm right here. Look at me and calm down!" She said loudly, making him flinch and look at her.

His chest was heaving and his face was wet with tears as he looked up at her whimpering, eyes wide. He truly looked like a scared young boy, and it broke her heart.

"Shhh, I'm right here. I'm not going to leave you, everything is alright." She assured, using her hands to wipe his face.

He was still breathing heavily when she pressed a long kiss to his forehead, hoping the action would calm him.

The harshness that broke his cries had Harry flinching away. Eyes widened where they stared at her and, slowly, things came into focus. A shaky whimper sounded from his throat when he realized it was Eleanora looking down at him.