Chapter 13

One month until their wedding. It was absolute insanity, how far they had come. And even more so, to Eleanora, how hectic wedding planning actually is. Her eyes were sore from looking over decorations and cheeks from smiling, being the best host she could to people visiting to give their finest decor options.

White tablecloths and ribbons, curtains and napkins were strewn all over the ball room, even now setting up for the pre-wed ball. Eleanora and Anne did have fun of course, trying out dishes for the cook to see what would be served at the wedding and pre-wed ball which happened to be tonight.

But after trying the 6th cake flavor, a thick red velvet she was starting to feel a bit sick. She hadn't seen much of Harry in the past week, only during meals and bed. They still cuddled in the morning and had little spats about this and that, but besides that they were good. And right now she wanted to curl up in his lap and let him rub her tummy, smell his minty scent and relax into him.

Anne noticed her longing glance towards the door and sighed. They had agreed on chocolate cake for tonight's ball already, so she had no reason to keep her.

"Go ahead, darling." She smiled kindly, gesturing to the door. Eleanora breathed a huge sigh of relief, kissing Anne on the cheek thankfully and walked briskly to Harry's office.

Inside of it, Harry was grumbling to himself about more threats being made to the kingdom. Of course he wasn't taking them very seriously, as they had been making them for months but at the same time, it spiked his anxiety. That, in top of the ball tonight and not having spent good time with Eleanora was weighing on him.

So it was obviously a breath of fresh air when she flounced in, turning to lock the door before scrambling up on his lap before curling into his form while he wrapped his arms tightly around her.

"What do I owe this absolute pleasure?" Harry hummed, hand stroking her hair gently as she sighed into his chest.

"Missed you a lot. And if I tasted more more slice of cake I think I would have been sick." She scrunched up her face while looking up at him, before it melted into a smile. Harry looked at her in a way that made her tummy warm. His eyes just gleamed when she did something he thought was even remotely cute.

"I missed you more, love. Trust me, I'd rather be with you and eating cake then doing this bullshit." He scoffed, closing the paper file to focus all his attention on her. "So tell me. Did you choose the strawberry? Because you know it's my favorite?" He gave er the puppy eyes that made her laugh. Her hand coming to squish his cheeks together while his lips did the fishy pout.

"Nope. Your mum and I wanted chocolate and what we say, goes." She smiled triumphantly while he pouted, groaning into her neck as he hugged her to his form.

"That isn't fair! You know how much I love the strawberry and you choose chocolate... The ladies coming will be watching their weight. Should have tricked them into eating the strawberry cake because it's a fruit flavor! Healthier!" He said, rambling on about the damn cake.

Eleanor kissed the tip of his big nose before cupping his face in her smaller hands. "My love, you do understand that it's just flavoring, right? It still has sugars and fats, just as chocolate does. But never matter that, nor the women watching their weight. You need to treat yourself every once in a while, and chocolate is the perfect way to do it." Her face was already determined so Harry, being the semi-aware man he was, just nodded.

"What dress are you wearing? You'll look beautiful in any, but my preference is the light blue. Shows off your gorgeous body very well." He smirked, hands resting on her hips. While staying with Harry and being happier she had gain a bit of weight, most of it going to her hips, thighs and boobs. She had a slight tummy as well but he loved it.