3. Sick

"Alert everyone to hurry back to the guild at once." Erza barked, and Levy scurried away. Erza walking slowly out behind her. Gray stayed put, along with Natsu who felt useless, stupid, worrisome, and just frustrated with his emotions stood behind Gray. His warmth couldn't help Lucy, but Grays chill was just what she needed.

-

Lucy was carried into an infirmary in Fairy Tail, she was laid onto a hospital bed. Gray sat at her bedside making sure to cool down her fever at best he could. Trying hard not to make her cold worse he'd stop for awhile till her temperature rose once again. He was the only one that wasn't on the main floor. The whole guild grew even more worried as Lucy remained unconscious. Gathered in silence everyone waited for Porlyusica, a Healing Mage that was once the Fairy Tail Guilds Medical Advisor.

"I knew she looked ill." Levy whispered sorrowfully.

"We should have known." Gajeel crossed his arms as he spoke. Natsu sat in the corner of the small guild, he had been thinking nonstop after they had found poor Lucy, he hadn't spoken the travel to the guild, and further more. He felt useless, stupid, worrisome, and just frustrated with his emotions entirely.

-

Lucy laid still as stone, Porlyusica stared at the blonde noticeably seeing as she hacked up blood.

"My old friend, what is wrong with my child...?" Macarov asked his wrinkles carving out his sorrow.

"I do not know the cause." Porlyusica sighed, this was the first time she'd never been able to figure something out.

After a few bickering of the two Macarov decided to go down the the rest of the guild.

"I'm sorry to inform children, that Lucys condition is unrecognizable." He felt guilty as he explained. Everyone looked fearful to see their friend suffer so.

"Macarov." Porlyusica called from the top of the steps.

"What is wrong, Porlyusica?" Laxus asked.

"Lucy Heartfilia is vomiting." Porlyusica told. Everyone sighed, it wasn't good she was puking, but they were happy it wasn't anything worse than that.

"Can we see her?" Asked Laki.

"Only a few people at a time," Porlyusica said, "You can see her when she's... Finished."

A while later Porlyusica told the guild they could see Lucy. Levy bolted up first, along with Wendy, Erza, Gray, Natsu, and you can't forget Carla, and Happy. When they entered the room Lucy laid uncomfortably. She was kinda pale; greenish. Sweat twinkled from her forehead.

"Hey Lucy." Erza finally spoke.

"Feeling ok?" Gray hesitated. Lucy smiled, and nodded before hacking. Levy held her hand comfortingly. When she stopped the friends gathered around her. She looked so boney, and weak it was disturbing to see her like this.

"I f-feel n-not..." Lucy tried to speak, "I feel-l... p-pain..." Everyone listened carefully. The few days before Lucy hadn't shown she had just seemed she had a cold, but about a week later, when she hadn't returned, she'd become extremely worse. Lucy exhaled, and smiled.

"Lushe, how'd you get so sick?" Happy asked sorrowfully.

"D-Don't worry-y, I just have a f-fever." Lucy assured rubbing Happy on the head.

Lucy grabbed her keys. She smiled as she summoned Virgo.

"Hey V-Virgo!" She waved, but began to cough.

"What's wrong Lucy?! Are you sick?" Leo asked putting a hand on her shoulder. Lucy nodded, noticing Leo came in Virgo's place.

"It's ok, L-Loke. I just have a f-fever," Lucy explained. Leo pulled the bed sheet up, and Lucy slapped him, "H-HEY, PERVERT, HAVE S-SOME D-DECENCY!" Lucy yelled, but then began to rapidly cough. Leo held onto Lucys hand with fear, watching his summoner in so much pain. Porlyusica came in hurriedly, to help.

"You're going to get better, Lucy, Trust me!" He comforted and slowly disappeared back to the celestial spirit world not wanting to waste the energy she barley had left. Lucy huffed as she crossed her boney arms. Happy looked at her with sorrow, and hugged her tightly as tears formed his eyes.

"What happened Lushe! I don't like seeing you so sick!!" Happy exclaimed. Lucy rubbed the top of his head sweetly as she reached for the garbage can beside her bed, and began to barf making Happy jump with shock, and worry, he flew out like a jet to get help.