Bad 2

And chapter 2!

...

Tyler can’t remember his locker combination and his hands are too clammy to grasp the dial properly anyways so he’s glad when Caroline is squealing in his ear because that’s just the distraction he needs.

“Oh my God, Tyler that was great, you were great,” Caroline is practically yelling and Tyler’s relieved everyone is still loitering in the courtyard because he really doesn’t want anyone else to witness what’s bound to be a freak out of epic proportions.

He fights a smile because it’s nice to know he didn’t look like a fool. “You were all hot and tempting with just the right amount of cool. And the way you were walking, damn you were like ‘yeah I know you see me, eat your heart out babe.’ Gah, perfect!” She claps her hands together and Tyler nearly takes a bow.

“And he was watching,” Matt says coolly, excitement noticeable in his voice too, and Tyler’s smile is blinding because he’s glad that wasn’t just in his head, Jeremy was watching him and he wasn’t just imagining it. Matt saw it too. “Jeremy was totally checking you out.” They all laugh giddily, Caroline starts jumping around, bouncing on her toes and Tyler has to fight every desire in his body not to join because it felt so good and damn this is…is…this is fantastic!

Matt looks at him with a smile that says go ahead I won’t judge if you freak out with her. So he does. It seems childish for a few moments because he’s 18 and he’s jumping around, squealing, and giggling like a 10 year old girl in the middle of the hallway. That thought literally last for 5 seconds because he earned this. He’s had a god damn crush on god damn Jeremy Gilbert since Jeremy was a freshman and he’s finally, finally growing the balls to make a move, and it’s working. It’s fucking working!

The first bell goes off so they stop their hysterics; Caroline actually has to wipe away some happy tears which makes Matt and Tyler dissolve into laughter again.

Tyler finally gets his locker open a few minutes later and is about to put away his sunglasses when Caroline’s hand stops him. People have begun to fill the hallways, milling around them as they get ready for class, Caroline lowers her voice.

“Keep those with you,” she says with a sly smile, “You never know when you’ll need to be sneaky.” She drops a wink at him, plants a warm peck on Tyler’s forehead, patting Matt on the cheek before she turns and goes prancing off to her own locker. Matt pats him on the back and is turning to head to his own locker but is stopped when Caroline comes crashing back into them.

Both boys look at her inquisitively, waiting for her to drop more of her pearls their way. “Get in trouble,” Matt and Tyler share a confused glance. “In class, get in trouble.”

“But I don’t have any-” Caroline cuts Tyler off before he can finish.

“I know, but I do he’s in my Calc class which I have first today, so get in trouble, I’ll do the rest.” She smiles reassuringly and then she’s gone.

Matt chuckles as he shrugs his shoulders, walking away from him while muttering something about chicks and blonde and crazy that makes Tyler happy he has them.

Tyler smiles to himself as he grabs his things for Physics, thinking the whole way to class how exactly he’s going to get himself sent to the office this early in the morning.

...

“New look Lockwood,” Mark, one of the guys from the track team says as he stops at Tyler’s lab desk. Mark and Tyler aren’t exactly close so he doesn’t see a reason to be a douche about the comment but then he remembers he’s supposed to keep up his new persona all the time so it sticks.

He keeps his face blank and eyes uninterested and slightly annoyed as he peers at him over the top of his sunglasses. The guy isn’t giving up, Tyler can see that. He huffs and rolls his eyes behind the tinted glass, wondering why he even bothered because Mark can’t see it anyway.

“Something like that,” he props his feet up on the table, leaning back in his chair.

Mark nods his head in understanding, acceptance and then a small smile is working its way across his lips and that confuses Tyler slightly because why does he, no why should he care. Exactly, he shouldn’t. “I like it,” Mark tells him, “You look good.” And now Tyler’s really confused because he seriously doesn’t give two shits if Mark likes it or not. This transformation was for one person and Mark certainly doesn’t look like Jeremy to Tyler so sucks for Mark. He’s turning around in his seat and Tyler nearly misses how he licks his lips in appreciation. Flirting isn’t anything he’s not used to but fuck, from Mark? That’s just weird.

Poor guy doesn’t have a snow-balls chance, Tyler thinks as he slips his headphones in his ears—time to get in trouble.

...

Please let me know what you think!