Bad 5

Chapter 5...let me know what you think!

...

“Why were you in the office,” Jeremy wonders as Tyler takes a long drag off the cigarette. Let’s the smoke fill him up before he answers, he likes the idea of making Jeremy wait for his answer, likes that Jeremy’s actually waiting for an answer.

Tyler blows out the smoke, (why doesn’t he smoke regularly) before he shrugs his shoulders and glances at Jeremy sidelong to see him staring directly into Tyler’s eyes, though the younger wouldn’t know that because he can’t see Tyler’s eyes. Tyler can tell Jeremy wants an actual response and it’s not like Tyler would ever be able to deny him that, bad boy or otherwise.

“Got in trouble,” he mumbles around the cigarette as he goes for another hit. Jeremy looks stunned but Tyler doesn’t let it bother him, or at least doesn’t let it show. It actually really bothers Tyler that Jeremy looks bothered by his answer. “Bitched out Mr. Lloyd,” Tyler adds after a few moments of slightly tense silence and Jeremy makes a sound of understanding that does funny things to Tyler’s stomach, nods his head like he gets it and maybe he does or maybe Tyler isn’t the only one acting here.

The younger boy shifts around, refuses the fag when Tyler offers it back to him. Tyler tries not to get lost in the pale expanse of Jeremy’s perfect neck as he tips his head back to watch the clouds roll by overhead but it’s safe to say Tyler might not be able to win for losing on that one. Jeremy murmurs something under his breath and Tyler doesn’t quite catch it.

“What,” Tyler asks and it doesn’t sound nearly as friendly as he’d like it to when conversing with Jeremy.

“I didn’t know, or I didn’t think rather that you were like that,” Tyler’s stomach swoops and crashes to his toes as his heart leaps up into his throat and damn, it shouldn’t feel like this, it shouldn’t hurt like this. He’s disappointed Jeremy and he doesn’t know what to say to fix it. A war with himself rages in his head so he’s silent for a while and Jeremy clearly thinks he’s offended the older boy because he begins spluttering apologizes like he ran over his cat or something. Tyler all but forgets his current despisal of himself in favor of loving how adorable and flustered Jeremy looks as he tries to get back in Tyler’s good graces.

“It’s okay,” Tyler cuts him off mid-way through his 13th apology and lets a smile crack as Jeremy’s eyes widen in relief then as their color morphs into confusion. “It is?” Jeremy’s eyebrows scrunch together and Tyler has to bite the inside of his lips to keep the full blown grin from breaking out across his face.

“Yeah I mean we aren’t friends so, why would you know something like that,” Tyler says with a shrug, “It’s cool, don’t worry about it.”

Tyler’s standing up and stomping out the last of the cigarette with the toe of his shoe before Jeremy can respond. Tyler takes a step back notices how Jeremy’s leaning forward on the bench slightly with one leg pulled up and bent at the knee like he’s trying to get closer to Tyler or to the space where Tyler was just sitting. He doesn’t let himself linger on that though as he rolls his shoulders, pops his neck and puts his hands in his pockets, “Thanks for the smoke uhm…Jessie?”  He almost flinches as Jeremy’s face falls but he figures a little brush off couldn’t hurt right? It seems like a bad boy thing to do, not having the courtesy to know the name of the kid who just shared a smoke with you.

“Jeremy,” the younger boy corrects quietly and Duh Tyler knows that but Jeremy doesn’t know that Tyler knows.  There’s a smile on Jeremy’s lips that Tyler assumes is meant to show him he wasn’t bothered by the slip up. Tyler knows better though. You can’t spend 2 years watching and pining and mooning after one person and not know certain things about them like for instance when a smile is fake, like that one right there.

“Right,” Tyler utters and he lets a sheepish smile slip across his face just for Jeremy, “See you around,” he pauses before adding, “Jeremy.” He doesn’t miss Jeremy’s eyes twinkling and he hopes that Jeremy knows just how desperately Tyler wants to ‘see him around.’