Bad 11

Tyler’s leaning up against the side of his car still reeling from…well from everything. He’s waiting, rather impatiently for Caroline and Matt so he can get the fuck out of here but they’re sure taking they’re sweet time about it. There are figures approaching him but he can’t quite make them out through the darkness, it doesn’t look like blonde hair but there are two of them so…

They’re in front of him and definitely not Caroline and Matt; instead it’s a rather pissed off Elena Gilbert and Stefan who looks unsure about this whole thing and maybe a bit scared, actually a lot scared as he watches his girlfriend with skeptical eyes. He can only assume (and he figures it’s a pretty good assumption judging by how absolutely livid Elena looks,) that Jeremy’s told her everything, or at least enough for her to want to rip Tyler to shreds and honestly, right now, he would probably let her. She looks a lot like her brother (she’s pretty like him but definitely isn’t, at least not in Tyler’s opinion, devastatingly gorgeous like Jeremy is) but her eyes hold a fire and an agenda that Jeremy’s beautiful color never could and Tyler knows he has every reason to be afraid of her right now. God where are Caroline and Matt.

Stefan grabs Elena’s arm to try and pull her back, almost like he’s trying to tame the beast but she isn’t having any of that as she glares up at her boyfriend who shrinks under her gaze. Tyler stifles a chuckle. It’s obvious who wears the pants in their relationship not that Tyler has any room to judge, he’d be just a whipped for Jeremy (he kind of already is,) as Stefan is for Elena.

Elena shakes him off and stops right in front of Tyler who’s not entirely sure what to do with himself so he doesn’t do anything and stays propped against his car with his arms crossed over his chest. Icy, dangerous eyes pierce his own and Tyler feels like she can see every secret he’s ever had and that scares the shit out of him. She points an accusatory finger at him and Tyler doesn’t have any room to shy away or anywhere to escape to but boy-oh-boy did he wish he did.

“Listen to me, Tyler Lockwood,” Christ her voice is just as harsh as her eyes, Caroline is friends with this chick? “I don’t know what you’re playing at but it needs to stop. Where do you get off hurting people the way you do? Maybe it’s all just for kicks, if it is fine but find someone else to mess with and leave my brother alone!”

“Elena…I-”

“I warned Jeremy about shit like this, and guys like you although I didn’t think that warning would ever apply to you Tyler. I didn’t ever think you’d be like this but now I see how it is with you, just like all the other dickhead guys out there…you want one thing and one thing only. Stubborn ass that he is though didn’t listen to me and now look where that’s landed him. Leave him alone Tyler, I mean it,” her lips curl into a rather unattractive snarl. She lowers her voice so it’s dangerous and menacing, “If you think even for a second that I won’t destroy you if you keep messing with him, well let’s just say that Jeremy’s pissed off friends will be the least of your worries.” Then just like that the venom dissolved and a softer Elena takes over. There’s the pretty sister, gentle protector, guardian without the claws that Tyler’s seen around campus preening her brother with a sweet motherly affection. “He’s been hurt so many times Tyler and I will not watch as it happens again, I just won’t.”

Tyler stands up from the car, speaking vehemently so she understands, “Elena I would never, never hurt him.”

“You already have,” and that feels like a bullet through his chest, suddenly he can’t breathe because she’s right. Thursday afternoon comes rushing back to him, hearing it from someone else’s mouth makes it sting that much more and he’s never hated this stupid plan more.