Bad 12

Fianl part! Its pretty lengthy compared to all the other ones but yeah... :)

***

Tyler couldn't stop thinking about Elena's words all weekend long so that's why he's dressed in his own, his own normal clothes Monday morning for school. The jeans are the same dark ones he's become rather fond of but that's it, he almost broke down and brought the leather jacket but he stayed strong, bad boy is gone. If Jeremy's going to be with him, going to love him, he's going to love Tyler, the real Tyler not some dolled up manufactured version of him.

Caroline meets him at his car looking disappointed that her plan didn't get to be finished; he pulls her into a hug which seems to soothe her greatly. Matt is there in a flash with a few of the football guys on his heels and doesn't hesitate in pulling his best friend into a tight hug which Tyler returns with full force. He didn't realize how much he missed being himself. It's like he couldn't breathe properly before and now that he's back to normal there's no shortage of oxygen to his weary lungs.

They fall into the usual conversation about practices and the next game when Elena pushes her way through their bodies, Stefan watching with a smile mere feet away (he's always with her, like a puppy,) as she stops in front of Tyler. The guys look at her strangely like they're wondering why the hell she's here but Elena pays them zero mind which Tyler finds quite funny. She smiles brightly at him and her eyes twinkle in a way that reminds Tyler of Jeremy.

"Better," is all she says in response to his outfit, she takes his arm and begins pulling him in the direction of the picnic tables where Jeremy and his friends hang out before the morning bell. They weave in and out of the clusters of students mingling before their first classes and are stopping at the edge of the pavement where it turns into grass and the benches and tables sit.

She spins him around so his back is towards the people in the picnic area but he can see all the people in the parking lot watching them curiously. He's about to ask what she's doing when she takes his face in her hands and makes sure he's focused on her. "Okay...just be yourself. Be Tyler, he'll love you."

"Wait what," Tyler asks frantically, he's panicking. She can't be serious, he can't just talk to him as himself; Jeremy will hate him. "Hey," she grabs his shoulders, shakes him shortly, "It's gonna be fine. You're going to be fine. He's going to love you, this you," he's about to protest when she cuts him off.

"I'm his sister, if anyone knows him; don't you think it would be me? Exactly, so trust me Tyler, he's going to be all over this and you as long as you're...you."

"Elena, I can't d-"

"You can Tyler and you will," She peaks over his shoulder with a smile and winks at someone but doesn't let him turn around to see who, "You're not the only with a secret crush Tyler." Elena doesn't give him time to question as she spins him around and pushes him towards the tables. The first thing he sees is Jeremy, in the middle of his friends, watching him, all of them; everyone is watching him with interest. He reminds himself to breathe as he puts his hands in his pockets and tries to remember how to walk, one foot in front of the other.

He's never realized how intimidating this group of people can be until this very moment standing in front of them with their eyes judging him as they all angle themselves in front of Jeremy, protecting their friend from big bad Tyler, but considering how he's acted recently, this last week especially, he can't necessarily blame them.

"Hey," Tyler says quietly eyes locked with Jeremy's, they look happy while still being a little guarded.

"What do you want," Spencer, taunts him and it's clear to Tyler that Elena wasn't the only one Jeremy told about his shut down at the party.