5

Rick

Her phone was buzzing continuously. This might be from her organizers as she was missing from the event. She lifts her phone and switched it off without checking the call. Her brighten up face turned blank, forlorn and sad.

Instead of reacting to it I chose to ignore her, the reality hit me, she was judging me on other's behalf. And I got trapped on her perfect plan, she was skeptical about the whole thing now. I fucked up today, first I forgot this stupid day, and secondly, despite apologizing I overreacted. The main question hammering my head, who was she???

At this stage of my plan, I can't risk my full proof strategy by losing her trust when I want her to follow blindly every word of mine. I have to do something right away, I can't give her time to have a second thought about my intention. I watched her fidgeting with her fingers nervously. I smiled looking at her, this gullible girl herself unknowingly gave me an idea to come innocent out of this.

I pulled over the car, I needed​ some time for my next move. She came to her senses, she realized we were not driving and gave me a quizzical look.

"Will you say something? or you want to sit as still as nothing happened." I wanted to get into her last nerve to find what's cooking in her beautiful head. Surprisingly she ignored my rude question.

"C'mon I don't have the whole night to play this." I raised my voice exasperated.

"That's exactly my point." Eventually, she answered straight looking into my eyes. Her beautiful brown moist eyes pierced into my heart, I felt my heart twisted looking at her sad eyes. Angrily I got out of the car, she remained hooked on her passenger seat, not tried to follow me. After a few minutes later, I fetched her out of the car. She was stunned would be an understatement.

She glued to her place, she was a little shaken up by my violent act. We stared at each other for a few moments, searching for the right words. Her beautiful brown eyes changed into red.

At that moment I lost in her eyes, guilt overpowered me for doing this to her but later my

Consciousness took control over me.

"What did you say?" I grabbed her arms.

She shoved me away angrily using her all strength "I said stop playing with me. What exactly bothered you, Rick? The Carnival which I have organized for you or are you afraid of being seen with me?" I watched her gobsmacked.

She wiped her tears then continued "It took an entire week to plan that carnival, do u even know? I knew very well if I would have purchased you present, then it could hurt your ego. So, I wanted to recreate our first day, to show how much it meant to me, how much you meant to me, Rick. You have ruined our first anniversary but look at you, after ruining our day you are lashing out at me."

"Jen, we were cleared on this, I want some time, damn it" I replied.

"You are right! we both agreed on it." She snapped.

"Then why you have planned this when you know all people would be there including your father," I said calmly.

"Rick, I could have introduced you to them as my friend. It's not that the all-boys I met, in any event, are my love interest. But no.. you don't even give me a chance to explain as you were too busy to run out of there. It shows you are fooling me around, Rick" I have taken aback by her retort. She didn't waste a single second to get onto the point.

"Do you doubt my love? You don't believe me. That's it! I can't take this anymore" she frowned at me.

"I always trusted you Rick, you know very well. I have never questioned you. At least once, you should have the same faith in me. But you don't give a damn about me and my feelings." She openly started sobbing.