7

Rick

"You idiot, how could you even order me to buy a ring in such a short period." He furiously asked.

A lopsided grin appeared on my face watching his reaction.

"But you did it bro... you are a life savior. I knew you will manage anyhow." I winked at him.

"It cost me a fortune, dude. Did it fit her? A cute executive helped me to get that one" he genuinely inquired like the hell do I care, the bottom line was everything worked the way I wanted.

"It fitted her nicely. Good work Daniel, your future fiancé would definitely be impressed." I playfully teased him.

"Shut up, man! Why you got engaged to her?" he curiously asked.

"She started suspecting me. So, I used that ring to shut her up. Now she won't doubt especially after this night." I smiled cunningly.

Daniel raised his drink in appreciation "You are a damn good Man!"

"This wouldn't have been possible if you had not delivered the ring on time. Thanks, Daniel." He smiled.

"C'mon.... what's next now?" he asked.

"Tomorrow I will take Jen to the woodhouse which we have purchased for a time like this."

"Ok!" he simply nodded.

"Daniel, I want you to be there with her to make sure she won't escape from the wood house." everything was going according to plan, only the problem is Mom. She would never tolerate Jen's presence, she passionately hates Milanos, beyond the words.

"Rick, I will take care of it. You concentrate on our next level where you are going to meet other Milano sisters. Have a look at the information I have gathered about her." he tossed an envelope to me.

I opened up that envelope. A picture of Scarlet Milano, she has dark eyes, seductive smile, she is indescribably beautiful.

"Have you planned our meet?" I asked.

"Yes boss." He mockingly bows his head to me and continued "There is a Grand Auction of Logan Mansion in coming week; Scarlet will represent the Milano Industry for the first time as David wants her to bid on his behalf. And Mr. Rick Adam, you are participating too. It's your only chance to impress this little brat." He pointed to the picture.

"Good but it will cost a treasure to win the bid." I tensed.

"Don't worry Rick, our hands are full currently. You can bid without worry." He assured me.

"But it will sink our bank accounts. Daniel, we worked really hard for this fortune thus I don't want to waste it. I will have to impress her without losing a single penny." We had concluded this night by enjoying drinks and getting wasted.

Jen

After his proposal I was floating in clouds nine, I couldn't sleep the whole night due to the excitement. First thing in the morning, I packed my clothes especially the decent ones. I was freaking out the whole night on a thought of my first meet with Rick's mother. I never thought this day will come this soon; finally, we stepped next level into our relationship.

The next morning I have called my dad and feed him lies, gave him the information about my fake holiday trip. Surprisingly, he approved, it upset me as this didn't bother him at all and he didn't even put some effort to investigate my sudden trip, nor he wasted his time talking to me since I would not be contactable to him at least for a month. As usual, he was busy in his business meets, I really hate this life in which I am invisible. I saw my mom's struggle to get his attention sadly which she never got. She had always juggled to match his posh rich society to make him happy, though she loathed him for putting her on the show. I heard her sobbing most of the nights, I was too young to understand the reasons. I felt her loneliness, this side of her was hidden from Scarlet, as she was the youngest one in our family and she was always daddy's little princess while I was a shadow of my mom. Dad was disappointed in me, seeing my lack of interest in other activities but he never knew I skipped other things just to spend more time with Mom.