The Station

"I'd like to ask you something, if that's okay," Kimizuki told the little girl we saved from the Horseman. 

"You don't have to answer if you don't want to," Yuu reassured her. 

"No, it's okay. It will be my way of thanking you for saving me," the little girl replied.

"You don't have to thank us," Yuu said with a smile. "Just live a happy and healthy life. That's the best way to show us your gratitude."

Suddenly, the door to the girls bathroom slammed open and Mitsuba stormed out, followed by me and Shinoa. 

"Damn you, Shinoa," Mitsuba grumbled under her breath. She paused when she noticed Yuu looking at her, then sighed sharply and stomped away. Yuu looked at me questioningly, and I mouthed "tell you later" in response.

"Alright, listen up," Kimizuki told the little girl. "It's about the hideout the vampires were keeping you in. Where is it?"

The little girl thought for a moment before replying. "It's in a subway station about one kilometer outside of Harajuku. I can't remember the name of the station. It started with an O, I think."

"Omotesando?" Yoichi guessed. The little girl nodded.

"Alright, that's where we'll go," Kimizuki announced. "Thank you for your help."

"You're welcome. Oh! And they keep humans there as well. More than just me."

We looked at each other grimly. Yuu and I shared a slightly pained glance. More livestock.

Thirty minutes later, we were standing in front of the station entrance.

"Alright everyone, this is the place. There are seven vampires in here, so we're outnumbered. We'll make a surprise attack when they're asleep in the morning," Shinoa explained. Kimizuki raised his hand. "Yes?"

"What about the civilians they've captured? What if they use them as hostages?" he asked. 

"I don't care about hostages," Mitsuba said. "Our enemies have numbers on their side. We'll have our hands full with them alone. We can't worry about the others." Yuu scowled slightly. "Is there a problem Yuu? If you don't like the plans, feel free to go back to Shibuya."

"I'm happy just to be able to kill vampires. I'm not complaining," Yuu muttered.

"One more thing," Shinoa announced. She smiled mysteriously, a look we were all familiar with. "On the off chance all seven vampires wake and are armed, we will run. Got it?"

I sighed. Yuu wouldn't like that.........

"What?! Are you kidding me?" he complained.

"We might stand a chance if you knew how to properly wield your weapon, but you don't. I'd rather destroy the enemy without anybody getting injured. So do not, under any circumstances, act independently," Shinoa said. 

Yuu smiled. "I won't! A flawless victory sounds pretty great!"

"Alright. Let's go, then! Stay in formation, and don't get separated."

"Let's kill some vampires!!" everyone yelled in unison.

We jogged down the stairs into the station and proceeded through the dark, eerie hall, warily glancing around for any signs of trouble. Everything seemed normal until we got a few meters in and realized there were dozens of people sitting along the crumbling walls, all of them wearing the livestock uniforms I was all too familiar with. My throat tightened, and I rubbed my neck as repressed memories came flooding back to me.

Kimizuki froze and sucked in a breath. "What.....what is this?" he whispered, horrified. "What the hell is going on here?!"

"Who are all these people?" Yoichi rhetorically asked. "Why aren't they running away when the vampires aren't here?"