Shinjuku

"EMERGENCY! EMERGENCY! VAMPIRES ARE ATTACKING THE WESTERN DEFENSIVE WALL!" sirens blared. "ALL CIVILIANS EVACUATE TO THE EASTERN WALL IMMEDIATELY!"

Chaos ensued around us. Soldiers and civilians alike rambled in fear about how Shinjuku shouldn't have an vampires in it; it was the JIDA's second city. Shouldn't the Vampire Annihilation Force be here? What's going on?!

"What's going on?" Yuu asked Shinoa, mimicking the frantic citizens.

"Idiot, can't you hear?" Shinoa deadpanned. "The vampires are here."

Above our heads, a chunk of a building crumbled beneath the force of an attack, drawing our eyes upward just in time to spot a few vampire helicopters approaching. One was shot down by a human soldier with an enchanted bow similar to Yoichi's, but weaker.

"This isn't good," Kimizuki muttered. "This is becoming a full-scale war."

Mitsuba grunted. "It's just like the lieutenant told us. The vampires are planning on eradicating the JIDA!"

The sirens blared on. "SOLDIERS, HEAD WEST. THEY ARE ADVANCING WITH LARGE FORCES. DEFEND THE CITY UNTIL WE CAN UNITE WITH SHIBUYA'S MAIN FORCES."

I sighed and glanced at Yuuichirou out of the corner of my eye. He was clenching his fists and glaring at the wall as if his gaze alone could kill all the vampires in the city. He suddenly snapped out of it and put a hand on my shoulder.

"If things get bad, get out of there, alright?" Yuu ordered with a grim expression.

"It's not that simple, Yuu. I have to defend the city," I sighed. "But I won't go looking for trouble if that's what you mean." I gazed down at my bandaged wrist. Yuu pulled a roll of fresh bandages out of his pocket and took my dirty wrappings off.

"Can't have this getting infected, can we?" he chuckled. He rubbed dirt off the skin surrounding my wound and paused for a moment to inspect the wound itself. It hadn't healed much in the past day or so, but that was to be expected. Yuu rewrapped my arm and released me.

Shinoa cleared her throat behind us. "We're the vampire annihilation force, aren't we? That means we have to-"

"Strike head-on!" Yuu energetically interrupted.

"For once, you're right, Yuu-san," Shinoa giggled.

We all charged forward into the city just in time to see a vampire falling through the sky towards an unsuspecting soldier. Yuu leapt into the air and sliced the vampire in half before he could even think about attacking the human. Yuu smirked and chuckled darkly.

"The vampire annihilation force is here at last!" a soldier announced with relief. "Finally!"

I glanced around the ruins of the city. "Most of the vampires are being taken care of at the gate," I observed.

"What about other enemy attacks?" Yoichi asked.

"Doesn't seem to be any now," Shinoa said.

Just as Mitsuba was asking the guards where the rest of the Moon Demon Company was, the speakers began blaring again.

"THE MAN WHO ONCE RECAPTURED SHINJUKU WITH JUST A SINGLE SQUAD, LIEUTENANT COLONEL GUREN ICHINOSE OF THE MOON DEMON COMPANY, HAS DISPATCHED. THE TIDES OF THIS BATTLE WILL SOON TURN."

"Guren?" Yuu muttered.

"NOW ARE THE ORDERS FOR THE SHINOA SQUAD FROM THE LIEUTENANT COLONEL. HEAD OVER TO THE FIFTH DISTRICT AT ONCE. THE ENEMY'S LEADER IS AT THE INTERSECTION."

"The fifth district?" Yoichi asked rhetorically.

"That's close! We'll be there in no time!" Yuu shouted. "Let's go!"