Universe - JohnnyBoy

This Oneshot is sorta based off the lyrics in the song "Universe" by Ghost Town. I really recommend it!

Johnny ran out of his house, escaping his father's beating barely. He grasped his inhaler tightly as he ran to the lot. He pushed down on the inhaler, breathing in and out slowly, trying to calm his breathing.

He tried to fall asleep, but it was cold and he was scared outta his mind. Someone could jump him at any time, he could be killed out here! On top of that, he hurt somethin' awful. His chest hurt so bad, and though he'd gotten out of a beating, his father had made sure he got a good hit on his back before he left.

He lay, looking at the stars, ignoring the pain of him lying on his back. He couldn't help but imagine what it'd be like if Pony were lying next to him. If only he'd been the one crushed in that damn church. Now Pony was lyin' in a hospital, on his death bed. He kept sayin' he was gonna make it, but the doctors and nurses disagreed.

He'd been hit in all the wrong places, so even if he lived, he'd be paralyzed. Johnny tried not to cry.

"Life sure sucks!" He whisper-yelled. He sat up and wiped away his tears and looked in the direction of the Curtis' house. Surely they all hated him, it was his fault. If he hadn't killed that dumb Soc! If he hadn't screwed up so bad, Pony'd be okay!

Johnny had feelings for Pony. Of course, he'd never tell a soul. Especially not Pony. If Pony was gonna pass, Johnny wasn't about to let him go hatin' him. It didn't matter if Johnny really loved him. Pony liked Cherry, and nothin would change that.

Johnny sighed. Maybe it'd be best if I were just gone. If the love of my life won't be here, why should I be? He stood up, tossing his inhaler without looking. He started walking toward Soc territory. He had no idea that he had such a strong arm, that his inhaler would hit a certain Dally, who immediately recognized this initials "JC" on the back. He didn't know Dal would chase the direction it came from.

He finally stumbled across some Socs, who immediately mocked him.

"You ain't in your territory, Greaser." One spat.

"Hey, isn't that the one who killed Bob?" Another one chimed in.

Johnny grinned sadisticly. "Sure would be me. I'm awful sorry about that. Maybe if ya guys learned some manners, he'd still be struttin' around." He was riling them up. He wanted their worst. He deserved it.

"You little shit!"

One punch.

Bye Pony.

Two.

I'll miss you.

Three.

I sure do love you.

Four.

Maybe we'll be together.

Kicking.

Or not. I want you to survive.

Pushing.

I don't deserve to.

Sock in the jaw.

I'm so awful.

His eye.

I'm the worst there is.

His ribs were kicked.

They did everything. Stomped on him, battered him. One pulled a switch out, and cut his wrists.

I love you, Ponyboy Curtis.

"Why ain't you fightin' back, you punk?" One growled, annoyed.

"Well sir," he had to stop to spit out some blood, "I really do deserve it, dont I? I'm just a no-good dirty greaser. I murdered a man, and now my best friend is in the hospital because of me. You know, I'd really like to just die."

The Socs laughed at him. "A suicidal greaser? Boy, it's our lucky day! But guess what, street rat? Ima let you live! Good for you, right!" One laughed again. "Oh, and here," he threw his switch at the broken boy, "maybe you can end yourself!"

They laughed and walked away. Johnny stared at the switch for a whole minute before picking it up. I probably should. I'm just a burden down here. He looked at the sky. But is there an "up there"? What if this is all I get? He sighed. He was too cowardly to do it for himself. He cursed under his breathe as limped, slouched over, to the lot. He tripped over somethin' lying around, causing him to violently fall and hit his chest on the ground. He'd controlled his breathing until then. Once he coughed once, he couldn't stop.

He had a fit, and his throat started swelling up. He got real dizzy, and blacked out.

Dally had been searching for him, and happened to be walking by the lot for the fifth time when he saw the boy pass out. He rushed over and shook his frail body.

"Wake up, Johnny! Wake up, dammit!" He yelled for someone to call for an ambulance, holding Johnny close. "C'mon Johnny, you're tough! You've made it through so much. You can make it through this!" He started crying.

He reached his hand under the boys jaw, trying to find a pulse.

Nothing.

Ahh I'm sorry that was real sad! Comment suggestions/requests! ♡