Honey - DarryxDally

Requested by SuperSammyO1999
Hope you enjoy!

Me and Darry had been married for a few years now. The first few months were perfect. Then, I got my mind set on one thing.

A kid.

Darry wasn't so keen, insisting that we needed be sure we could financially support a baby before we got one. So I started working double and extra hours to earn more money. Finally, Darry agreed. I would be the one to stay home, and he would go work.

We went to a nearby orphanage, just in a neighboring town. There were so many kids, but one caught my eye. She was a little girl with green eyes and brown hair. She was pretty, and seemed to enjoy being around us. She was only one year old, and would need a lot of care. So we decided to start out fostering her.

Now here we are, years later. We adopted her, and named her Carma. She's 4, and likes to talk a lot. She's always making simple jokes and goofing around. Darrys warmed up to it. It's nice.

Today we were eating breakfast together, when Carla decided to have honey on her toast.

"Why honey? Why not, peanut butter? Or jam?" I asked.

"Because honey is better. Right Carma?" Darry said, smiling and nudging her.

She threw her hands in the air. This is purposefully misspelled so understand what she talks like. :) "I jus wanna ea my bread in peace!" She exclaimed, and we all laughed.

If you want to know the truth, I've never been happier.