Come Back - SteveBoy

"Don't you yell at him!" I screamed and Darry.

He turned and hit me, sending me to the ground. I jumped up, not listening to whatever Darry yelled after me.

I started running blindly, in a direction which happened to be the DX.

I kept running and running, not stopping.

Soda

I didn't run after him, but I decided to call Steve since he'd gone in the direction of the DX.

"Hello?" He asked sleepily.

"Hey Steve, can you do me a favor?"

He groaned. "It's 2 in the morning, what do you want?"

I sighed. "Pony's run off. He headed in the direction of the DX. If you see him, could you watch after him?"

"Fine. Bye, Soda."

"Bye Steve. Thank you."

Pony

I'd been running for God knows how long when I felt someone grab me. I struggled until I look a deep breath and smelled the oil on them.

"Chill, Pone." It was Steve.

"What're you doin', Steve? Let me go!"

He lessened his grip on me a bit, but not enough for me to continue running.

"Why are you running? I mean, Soda called and said you were running, but didn't say why." He asked, and I looked away.

"Darry hit me." I mumbled. He just looked at me in shock. Then he hugged me, and I stood frozen. Was this really Steve?

"I'm sorry PonyBoy." I shook my head and hugged him back.

"It ain't your fault. I should be usin my head more."

He pushed me back a bit. "It'll be okay, Pone. Promise." And then he kissed me.