Sleep - StevePop

Steve lay in the Curtis' living room, sprawled across the couch. He had been sleeping soundly until he heard a door open and close. He'd always been a real light sleeper.

He sat up on the couch to see Soda walk into the kitchen, grab a glass, and fill it with water. He started towards the living area, and Steve lay down, pretending to be asleep.

Soda sat in the armchair, and Steve felt his eyes on him. Soda turned on the tv, turning it down nearly all the way.

Steve acted as if this woke him, and sat up. He rubbed his eyes sleepily.

"What time 's it?" He asked, yawning.

"Um, 3 in the mornin. I'm sorry, I woke you up, didn't I?" He blushed, embarrassed.

"No no its fine. Why are you up?" Steve asked, curious.

"Couldn't sleep." Soda answered, turning away.

"Any reason?"

"No." He said abruptly. Steve frowned. He stood and walked over to the arm chair, forcing Soda to scoot over before he sat next to him.

"C'mon, I know there's a reason." He put an arm around Sodapop. Soda turned towards him, startled by the action.

"J-just, I got insomnia, 'kay?" He frowned. He hated talking about it.

Steve pulled Soda closer to him, so that Soda ' head lie on his shoulder and his own head rested on Sodas.

"Maybe this'll help?" He asked, smiling.

"Maybe..." Soda replied, snuggling up to Steve. In little to no time, he'd fallen asleep, quicker than he'd ever before. Steve kissed the top of his head before falling asleep himself.