Skates - DallyCakes

I decided to go ice skating, since I didn't have nothin better to do. I'd been practicing, but I still had a little trouble.

I was getting the hang of it again until I felt a forceful jab in my side. It sent me sliding in the other direction, and I probably would've hit my head had some arms not caught me.

"YO GREASER, GET OUTTA OUR RINK!" Someone yelled, and I just attempted to stand.

"Hey, let's get off the rink before you try that, eh?" The voice holding me up suggested. I just nodded.

When he got me off the rink and into the grass, I turned to look at him. He was real good lookin. He had blonde hair and his face in general was great.

Then I took another look and realized who my savior was.

Dallas Winston.

"Was you alone in there, kid?" He asked. I shook my head.

"I ain't no kid, I'm 16 years old!" Then I looked down. "And yeah, I was alone."

Dallas just shook his head. "You aught to know greaser can't just go out anywhere alone, especially somewhere dangerous."

"Yeah well you're out here alone and Dallas Winston is not the boss of me, okay?"

Dallas just rolled his eyes. "Whatever you say, kid. Just stay safe alright?"

I sighed as he started walking away.

"Hey Dallas?"

"Call me Dally." I smiled a little.

"My names' Johnny. Johnny Cade. " He returned my smile.

"Well, Johnny Cade, would you like a walk home through the harsh streets of Tulsa?" I nodded.

"That'd be nice, thank you." Then I frowned when I remembered my parents fighting before I left. "But o ain't got no where to go."

Dally frowned, cooking an eyebrow. "I picked myself up a homeless boy?"

I sat in the grass and put my head on my knees. "Nah, I guess you can walk me home. It'll be fine." Maybe they're done fighting. Maybe he got all his anger out.

Dallas offered a hand and pulled me to my feet. "Where to, Johnny Cade?"

I almost laughed and we starting walking to my house. Maybe I just got myself a little angel to protect me from this cruel world and my harsh life.

I looked at Dally, with his cut up lip and tuff look.

Maybe not an angel, but I think a Dallas Winston is just fine.