Merry Christmas - JohnnyBoy

After the Church Incident, Johnny was paralyzed from the waist down. It really upset him, because he'd been excited to decorate.

Ponyboy knew about this and made up a plan. Johnny was getting out on Christmas, and all the boys would be at Bucks Christmas Party.

It was now Christmas Eve and Pony decorated the Curtis house with all kinds of decorations, along with a neatly wrapped present with a nice bow.

As Pony wheeled Johnny into the house, he stopped at the doorway.

"Look Johnny," he said, pointing above them. "Mistletoe."

Johnny blushed, looking down. "Gee Ponyboy."

Pony grinned, lifting Johnny's chin to kiss him.

"Now c'mon, I got a surprise for you! Close your eyes, and no peeking!"

Johnny, despite his current condition, giggled and then obeyed. He squeezed his eyes shut while Pony wheeled him into the living room.

Pony grabbed Johnny's gift and then set it in his hands.

"Open your eyes!" He said excitedly.

Johnny opened his eyes and gasped. He looked around in awe. "Shucks Pone, did you do this all for me?" He blushed.

"Sure I did! I sure feel real awful that this happened to you, you deserve so much better." Pony looked down, tears filling his eyes.

Johnny shook his head. "It ain't your fault, so don't you even blame yourself! I really appreciate you doing all this for me, though. You're real sweet." He motioned for Pony to come closer, and then kissed his cheek.

It's was Ponyboy's turn to blush, and he kissed Johnny's nose before standing back up straight.

"So, would you like to open up your gift now?" He asked, pointing the the wrapped box in Johnny's hands.

Johnny nodded, and began unwrapping. He opened the box and gasped. "Oh my gosh, Pony! You didn't have to!" He exclaimed when he saw the contents. It was a new Jean Jacket and some brand new converse. "Gee, this ain't cheap stuff either! It musta cost you a fortune! You didn't gotta waste money on me!" He smacked Pony's arm.

"Ain't no money a waste if it's spent on you, Johnnycakes! Besides, I really wanted to see your face! I really do love you, Jonathon Cade."

Johnny grinned at Pony. "I love you too, Ponyboy Curtis."

Pony leaned down and kissed Johnny again. It was the best day of Johnny's life.