Mercy Fortuna #1

[[A/N: Meh. I brought it back. This is like the third time, but a Wattpader (whom this is dedicated to) convinced me to post it again...Please ignore the grammar mistakes, this was written a LONG time ago and honestly, it is going to take a LOT of rewriting to do any hardcore editing, however as of 7/26/15, I'll be doing some editing.]]

Mercy's POV:

Have you ever noticed how things seem to slow down whenever you're miserable, and time speeds up whenever you're happy? Like right now for instance, every second feels like a minute, every minute like an hour and every hour feels like an entire day.

My father is moving us.

He is not a good man, in fact most people would go as far to say that he is a terrible man. He is abusive and hateful, terrifying, deceitful. Not long ago, my mother and brother got away from the beast. They left me behind, to stay with him. They had promised to come back, but of course they never did, and now, one month later, we're moving so that they will never be able to find me. I will have no hope and I will be completely without anyone to protect me from the monster that resides within my father.

While we were on the road towards my new prison, my father seemed to get angrier. I couldn't understand because I was being quiet, so he had no reason to be angry, at least not at me. It took us nearly four hours to get to our new home; situated in Domino City and it seemed like every minute spent on the road was a minute he had to think about the 'wrongs' my mother had done him. Every minute he became angrier and angrier.

But back to Domino City, which we'd finally made it to.

I had never heard of the place, however it seemed to be more of a large town that most people would have heard of. It didn't strike me as odd, though, because I hardly knew anything of the world outside my old home. My mother had always home-schooled my brother and I, and though I learned Maths and History, Science and English, I didn't learn about the world itself. I learned about the wars of America, the French Revolution, I learned about Russia, I learned about Germany and England and Italy.. but I didn't learn where these places were, how big their cities were. For all I know, Domino City wasn't even in Japan anymore.

In all honesty, I didn't know much at all. I didn't even know to keep my mouth shut when Father looked so angry. The moment we pulled in to what I imagined was our new house, I spoke.

Father, whats the matter?" I questioned him. He didn't answer, just struck out at me; in the blink of any eye my cheek went from normal to red and throbbing. I refused to cry out in pain, even though I desperately wanted too, it would only aggravate him more.

Instead, I opened the trucks door, and climbed out onto our gravel driveway before making my way to the back, grabbing a box and carrying it inside. I repeated this action several times, until all our boxes were brought in, with no help from my father as he said he was tired from our long drive.

I unpacked all the boxes, then put the contents away where they belonged; this took several hours, then finally, thank the Gods, I was finished. Exhausted, I quickly made my way to my room, planning on a quick rest before supper time.

*

"Girl, where the hell is my dinner!" I heard my father roar from elsewhere in the house. My eyes snapped open, and I quickly realized I had accidentally fallen asleep. Jumping up, I ran to the kitchen. I hoped and prayed that a quickly made meal would satisfy him, and he wouldn't be too angry with me.

I threw some spaghetti and meatballs together for my father, looking at it longingly and silently hoping that tonight of all nights would be different. Perhaps tonight I could eat without sneaking around. You see, Father didn't allow me to make food for myself very often, most of the time any food I ate was something my mother snuck me, or I stole; occasionally, I could sneak leftovers off of the plates while I was cleaning up after him.