Mercy Fortuna #6

[[A/N: This was actually TWO chapters back to back both in Mercy's POV, so I just added them together...guys, it's getting to the point where I'm running out of prewritten goodness!  So it might start taking longer between uploads.  This is only HALF edited, i'm going home now where there is NO internet!  :0   I know, right!  Anyhoodles, some more books like this one (with Seto, Yugi and the gang) are Stay There by sincerelydeep and Tell Him by crimsonwingedkitten   Check 'em out and tell them who sent you! xoxo, iJay ]]

*Mercy's POV*

I ended up just running behind a building down the road. However I wasn't found, so I decided it must have been a good place to hide. After a few hours, I began walking back to Mr. Moto’s card shop, I looked over to the Kaiba Corp Building, just as someone walked out.

"Mom..." I whispered. Apparently she heard because she glanced my way. Then did a double take, and a look of utter horror crossed her face.

"Mercy." she hurried towards me. "Please don't tell your father, Mercy."

Of course that’s what she would be worried about. I turned away from her in disgust; she doesn't even care about her damn daughter.

"Don’t worry Mom, I won’t." I left it at that, not wanting to say anything else to the worthless excuse for a good mother that stood in front of me.

"Thank you." I shrugged my shoulders before leaving her standing there on the side of the road.

I walked into the card shop across the street, and watched as she ran towards her car. Hopefully she will pack Damon off and run away again, that way I won't have to deal or see either of them again.

"Miss Fortuna., Mr. Moto ran over to me, wrapping his arms tightly around my shoulders. "We were worried about you dear, Yugi and Joey came here not long after you left, hoping to find you. When they heard what happened they ran off looking for you as well. I'll call them and let them know that you've been found".

After he called his grandson, who said he'd call Joey, he led me to the back room and handed me a sandwich. I took it gratefully and ate it in a few bites. Feeling quite full, I waited until my friends came for me.

It didn't take long and Soon I fell asleep.

..................

"Mercy...Hey, wake up." I felt someone tap on my shoulders, jerking me out of the first nightmare less sleep I'd had in months. I fell out of the wooden chair I was sitting on, quickly I backed myself into the corner, prepared to be hit by my father. I relaxed slightly, when I noticed I wasn't in my room, or even my house. I looked into the confused faces of Joey and Yugi, and relaxed completely.

"Sorry, I was scared there for a minute." I stood off the ground wiping the dust off my jeans. I was tackled, I barely managed to keep my balance. "Oomph."

"I'm so glad you're okay, Mercy. I was really worried, so was Joey!" Yugi squeezed me tight then let go stepping back. My eyes were wide, as I stared at him in shock. If he was still hugging me then Kaiba hadn't told anyone about me being a prostitute. Maybe I had the wrong idea about him, maybe he's not the stuck up rich snob I thought he was.

"I'm sorry for putting you through that, I didn't mean it. Honest, guys, I apologize".

"No need, Merce, we're your friends, we're gonna worry, cuz thats what friends do." Joey smiled at me, and it made me feel a lot better.

"Thanks, Joey, that means a lot. Anyways, I should probably call Kaiba, he'll be worried..." I chewed my lip, wondering if he still wanted me to stay with him for the night. "Do either of you have his number?” They shook their heads, and I wondered how I could get a hold of him.