Seto Kaiba #4.5

*Kaiba's POV*

Once I had made it to the two story house Mercy and her father were currently living in, I rang the door bell. It took nearly an entire minute or so, a door slammed from somewhere inside and Trevor Fortuna opened the door.

"What?” He asked, not wasting anytime.  His lightly grayed brown hair stuck up at all ends, his cheeks were flushed as if he'd just done an intense workout.  

"I want your daughter.” He smirked, and got an evil like twinkle in his eyes.

"She's not here. She ran away, like her no good mom and brother." Of course I knew he was lying, there was no doubt in my mind, he was the kind of man who wouldn't let his last punching bag leave.

"I'll buy her, five hundred thousand dollars."

Trevor Fortuna's dark green eyes widened, and he was smiling a full on grin. It was disgusting, not to mention freaky.

"Deal, but as I said, she's not here. You're welcome to search the house."

I would do just that. Gesturing with my fingers to the limo behind me, three bodyguards came out.

"Search the house." Immediately they all pushed their way past Mr. Fortuna. Two went up the stairs, while one stayed downstairs. Only a minute passed before one of them yelled for me. I followed his voice into a hallway on the bottom floor, he was standing outside a closet, with the door opened. Glancing inside, I took in everything and what I saw made me sick.

Her hair was matted with blood, her lips were covered in it too, and out of the corner of her mouth ran a trickle. Her shirt was ripped and torn. There were prominent bruises over every inch of skin you could see. She seemed to have been knocked unconscious.

I felt my blood began to boil, and I clenched my fists tightly, barely keeping control of my temper. I knelt down next to this fragile, broken excuse of a girl and as gently as I could, picked her up. She seemed to weigh nothing. A mere five pounds, although in reality it was probably around ninety or so. Either way it was not nearly enough for a seventeen year old girl. I stepped out of the house, and into the limo, placing her in the seat with her head in my lap. Picking up my cell phone, I called my personal doctor, explaining the situation to the best of my ability. He quickly agreed to meet me at the estate in thirty minutes.

"Big brother!" Mokuba yelled, as soon as I stepped out of the vehicle. Without saying anything to him, I bent back into the car, grabbed hold of the beaten girl and slowly lifted her out.

"Who's that?” His eyes went wide, as he questioned me.

"I'll explain later, Mokuba, for now, go open the door to the room next to mine."  My younger brother nodded and raced to obey while I followed slowly behind him, trying not to jostle Mercy along the way.

I heard her groan, and after a few seconds her eyes seemed to focus on me.

"Kaiba?” She sounded as though she intended to question me, but that was all she could get out before she began coughing. When she finally stopped, I noticed her eyes going unfocused again as she fell back asleep.

Carefully, I placed her on the bed and patiently awaited Dr. Barnes’ arrival. As soon as he came in, he sent me out of the room. I went next door and laid on my bed, slowly, whilst thinking of Mr. Fortuna, and how I'd love to torture him, I fell asleep.

"Big brother, wake up... Seto, come on, get up. Your friend is awake". I pried my eyes open, the first thing I see is Mokuba's face only centimeters from mine.

"That girl you brought home, she's awake." It took me several seconds before I remembered what had happened earlier that day. Just the thought of 'him' made my blood light on fire.