07 - Sociopath

A very awkward silence had fallen upon the six of us in Stiles' jeep, along with some elbows digging into each other's sids from us four girls being shoved into the backseat. The seat was barely big enough to fit three people and pushing four people was enough to make all of us regret ever coming to Mexico. I was half sitting on Lydia, feeling bad that I was forced on to her, but Malia kept slamming her elbow into my ribcage with every bump in the road we hit. 

Malia once agains digs her elbow into my side as she leans forward between Scott and Stiles. "Okay-"

"Oh my god, Malia!" I slap her arm away from me, trying not to put anymore weight on Lydia. "If you don't keep shoving your pointy ass elbow into my side, I am going to kick you out of the jeep and make you run in your coyote form."

Malia rolls her eyes, but tucks her arms into her side. She peers at the guys. "Okay, I'll ask. Who's Kate Argent?"

I bite down on my tongue at the mention of my aunt. 

Kira raises her hand up by her head. "Uh, I'd like to know, too."

"Well, she's a bitch, so there's that." The words slip out of my mouth before I even have a chance to stop them. I lower my gaze to my bunched up knees to avoid the curious stares around me. I don't want to come up with a story of how I know her. 

Silence hangs in the air for a few seconds before Stiles speaks up, "Well, we were at her funeral. So, I'd like to know how she got out of a casket that was buried six feet underground."

"She was never in it." Scott realizes with his left eyebrow raised a little.

Lydia's head moves away from where she has been staring out of the window ever since we got in the jeep. "She was Clara and Allison's aunt...and a total sociopath." She adds with a small roll of her eyes.

I intertwine my fingers together. This is a situation that I don't know how to react in. If I talk, I might say something that may give away who I am. No matter how much I want to tell them, Allison said I couldn't. Therefore, it will probably just be best if I keep my mouth shut.

"You don't have to talk about it now if you don't want to." Kira says, quietly.

Malia shoots her a glare. "Um, yes, he does."

Scott sighs, "Yeah, she's right. You guys should know. You need to know."

"All right." Stiles gives in, "Kate was the one who set the fire that killed most of Derek's family."

"Some of them survived, like Cora, and Peter." Scott adds in.

"A very angry Peter." Lydia looks forward.

Scott huffs out a dry laugh. "Yeah, he's the one who bit and turned me."

"And, the one who finally caught up to Kate and killed her."

I clench my fingers around each other to avoid myself from thinking back on that night. My aunt dying isnt't the part that bothers me. It's the fact that that was the first time I lost my sister to someone else, when she let someone manipulate her. 

"And we saw her buried."

"No, we saw a casket, remember?" Scott shakes his head at Stiles. "She wasn't in it.The Calaveras heard that Kate had been killed by an Alpha's claws. They wanted to make sure she was really dead. Her body was healing. More and more, as she got closer to a full moon. She was coming back, so they switched out the bodies."

I shift in the seat, well aware of how squished I am. "The Calaveras, they treat the code like law." I speak up in a quiet voice. I lift my head to meet Scott's in the rearview mirror. "I don't know any of them personally, but everyone knows not to mess with them, especially their codes. They make it their responsibilty to enforce it."