21 - 911

Being Clara Argent means putting my feelings and emotions to the side in order to protect my friends. Being an Argent means knowing how to look past your own problems to keep doing the right thing. My dad taught me how to push my emotions to the side to keep a level head about things. Right now, that was exactly what I was doing. 

This week has been a crazy mess so far and it's not even over yet. An assassin infected students that were taking the PSATs on Saturday. That same day, Lydia and I told Derek that I was still alive and he refused to believe that was even possible. That was the fourth hardest heartbreak I have ever experienced; my mom dying, Allison dying, me dying, and then this. 

I jog up the steps to Scott's house. Stiles told me about this ridiculous plan to find out who the Benefactor is tonight and the whole thing sounded like a horrible idea. I readjust the bow looped around my back as I step through the doorway, entering the dining room in the middle of their conversation.

"-Is three enough?" Kira ask while turning her head to see me walking towards the table. 

I stand on the one side beside Liam. I nod at them in a small greeting. The three laptops lay on top of the table in front of everyone except for Scott. This idea will probably end badly, but when have we ever had a decent plan? I'm just glad that everyone knows who I am and I don't have to completely pretend that I'm Claire around them. 

"Depends on how many cameras they have, but I think so." Stiles says while leaning against the table. 

"Are we really doing this?" Kira grimaces at the thought of all of it.

What we plan on doing is insane? No, it's past insane. We're all stupid for going through with it. 

Scott's voice is laced with determination, "We're doing it. Tonight."

Liam shifts on his feet beside me. "But isn't it kind of dangerous?"

I snort with laughter out of my nose. "Oh, it's incredibly dangerous and idiotic-"

"I think it's borderline idiotic." Stiles squints one as he shrugs the other half of his body.

Liam peers between the two of us. "Have you guys dome something like this before?" 

All of us cock an eyebrow at the question. Poor Liam has no idea the kinds of things that we've gotten ourselves into. The four of us exchange knowing looks.

"Something dangerous? Or something idiotic?" Stiles tries to clarify. 

"I think it's a yes to both." Kira cuts in. 

I can't help but smirk. Ever since I met the guys when we moved here, we've gotten into nothing but trouble. If Mr. Stilinski wasn't the sheriff, we would probably already be sitting in jail. 

Scott's facial expression softens, "You don't have to be part of it if you don't want to." He tells his beta. 

"I'm not scared." Liam retorts.

Stiles smirks and places a hand on Liam's shoulder. "Then you're borderline idiotic." He winks at the young freshman. Stiles' body turns to Scott. "If we do this, we don't know what's coming for us. You know that, right?" 

I reach over my shoulder to tap my bow. "Good thing you have me then." 

Stiles tilts his head to the side for a second in agreement. They know what I'm capable of with my bow and arrows. I came fully prepared for tonight. My bow wasn't the only weapon I was carrying on me. Two Chinese ring daggers each were stuffed on either side of my leather jacket- Allison's jacket to be exact. There was a smoke grenade in my pocket and- if it really came down to it- there was a gun hidden in the back of my skinny jeans. Guns weren't my type of thing, but my dad didn't like the idea of me doing this without one.