23 - Burned

The sound of someone calling my name and shaking me is enough for my eyes to flutter open. I become aware of my surroundings as my mind begins to clear of the fog from falling asleep. I sleepily rub my eyes and groan at the ache in my back from being hunched over on Parrish's desk at the station. 

Sheriff Stilinski stands above me with his hand still on my shoulder. "Shouldn't you be heading home?" He checks the time on his watch. 

I cover my mouth with a yawn and sit up in the chair, noticing that an hour has passed since Parrish was supposed to be off the clock. "I was waiting for Parrish." 

"He's not back yet?" Sheriff frowns in realization. 

I shake my head. "No. He said he was driving around and he'd be here to drive us both home. I guess I feel asleep." 

"He probably lost track of time." Sheriff Stilinski motions for me to stand up. "Come on. I'll make us some coffee." 

I push myself to stand up, stretching all of my limbs. I follow him to his office and sink down in one of the chairs in front of his desk. Sheriff Stilinski disappears for a few seconds, but that's all it takes for me to fall back asleep curled up in the seat. 

"- it's not just that she could still be alive." 

"It's that she would've had to fake her death." 

My head rolls around on the arm rest of the chair until it drops down a few inches, which in turn jerks me out of a dreamless sleep. My eyes snap open and I suck in a breath. I place my legs back down on the ground, noticing Sheriff Stilinski has been joined by Lydia and Stiles in his office. 

The three of them briefly stop talking to glance in my direction to see that I'm awake. How long have I been asleep for? I crane my neck to see the clock on the wall. It's nearly two in the morning. Where the hell is Parrish? He was supposed to be back by midnight. 

Sheriff Stilinski hands over a coffee mug over to me still talking to Lydia and his son. "Your grandmother, Lorraine Martin, faked her death?" He sounds very doubting at the possible thought.

I hold the coffee between both of my hands. My eyes move between the three of them carefully listening to their discussion. What's this about Lydia's grandmother?

Stiles nods, "Definitely."

"Maybe." Lydia corrects him with a stern look.

"More than likely, yes." 

I roll my eyes at them. They are, like, an old married couple the way they picture. Honestly, they were perfect for each other and I have no idea why they aren't together yet. Well, Stiles is dating Malia...

"Oh, I'm guessing you got a story to back this up?" Sheriff Stilinski says with a bit of sarcasm heard in his voice. 

"She might be helping the Benefactor." 

I sit up straighter in the chair. "What?" I throw myself into this conversation.

"Or is the Benefactor." Stiles add after shooting a look in my direction. 

Sheriff Stilinski bobbles his head taking in all of this information. "That sounds like a story worth hearing." He shuts the door to his office to keep anyone from coming in. 

I slide my phone out of my pocket to send a concerned message to Parrish. "Hey, Sheriff?" I lift my head up with my fingers speedily typing out the message. "Have you heard from Parrish yet?" 

The message to him starts to send before a new message pops up saying that it was unable to send. That's really weird. Parrish always has his phone on him. I was just texting him earlier today. I know his phone was working. A feeling of dread fits in the bottom of my stomach.