32 - France

"There's enough yellow wolfsbane to keep Peter out for the trip back, but be careful." Dad warns all of us. He stands side by side with Araya and the rest of the Calaveras stand behind them. 

Scott nods his head at the people that stand behind my dad. "You're really going with them?" 

"I made a deal with the Calaveras weeks ago." Dad shares with everyone. I'm just glad he told me about this after he made the deal. I wasn't completely thrilled with the idea of going with them, but he was doing what Argent's do best; protecting the ones we love. "They'll leave you alone- all of you- but, only if I help them catch Kate." 

"What if you can't?" Kira asks from my right side.

I smile back at me dad. "He'll find her. Someone has to." 

Dad nods back with a weak smile before he turns to get in one of their trucks. Stiles rubs my shoulder when he wraps his arm around me. I had no idea when I would see my dad again. All I could hope was that he would be okay. 

I rest my head on the window of the plane. The city below looks so tiny when we're so high up. Leaving Beacon Hills was becoming harder each time I leave, but I knew this time was something I really had to do. 

A small smile sweeps across my face as I think back to telling everyone I was leaving. Some goodbyes were easier than others. After Derek told me about the whole wolf evolving thing he did, he was sad to see me go, but we both understood that this was the end for us. The hardest ones were to Stiles, Parrish, and surprisingly, Liam. Liam has grown on to me and feels like a a younger brother. 

"Well, how long are you going to be gone for?" Stiles waves his arms around in the air. He aimlessly wanders around my bedroom at the apartment I share with Parrish. 

I finish folding up a jacket and stuffing it in my suitcase. "A month, but no more than two." I zip it up once I'm sure I have everything I need.

"But, why?" Liam frowns from where he is sitting at the foot of my bed. 

I smile at the two of them. They oddly both offered to come help me back, but now, I realize they just wanted to drill me with questions. "Because I need to figure out what I am and the best people to help me do that are in France." 

Stiles shoos me off to lift my suitcase off of my bed and to the floor. His eyes nearly shoot out of his head at the weight. "Good, god." He groans, nearly dropping it on his toes. 

I giggle behind my hand. "Sorry." 

Liam scowls, probably annoyed that he can't get me to stay. "How about I come with you?"

"No." I drag the word out. "France is not a place for sixteen year olds."

"I turn seventeen soon." 

I shake my head. "Liam, the part of France I'm going is not suitable for people like you and don't take that in a bad way. Where I'm going, hunters have rebelled against their families and formed a trusted circle that helps train other hunters and even a few werewolves."

"And they can help you?" Stiles asks in a doubting tone.

"Yeah, they can. I have a friend there that knows more about the supernatural world than we do. She'll help." I grab the handle of my suitcase and wheel it out towards the front door. 

"Can we at least drive you to the airport?" Stiles follows me through the apartment.

Parrish walks out of the kitchen with his keys in hand. "You can ride with us."