31 - Yellow Wolfsbane

The Church feels like a small maze with all of the tunnels that lead off in different direction. For some reason, I keep moving straight until I sharply turn right. 

Stiles is hot on my heels, tightly grasping Kira's katana in hand. "Scott?" He loudly shouts in my ear. "Kira?"

At the end of a tunnel, I see familiar black hair and that's all I need to push myself to run faster. Stiles makes a noise of frustration when I move faster. I move more agile through the tunnels even with my bow and own katana. I've grown used to carrying my katana with me everywhere now. I don't even feel it on my back at this point. 

"Kira!" I skid to a stop, hands reaching to help her stand. 

She puts most of her weight on the rock wall behind her. The side of her lip and forehead are cut with dry blood stained around them. I lightly press a finger to her forehead to see that the cuts healed. 

"Oh!" Stiles runs over to us with his flashlight. "Are you okay?"

"It's Scott. Clara, it's Scott." Kira rushes to say instead of answering Stiles question. 

The information she throws at me doesn't make any sense. "Wait. What?" I shake my head once in confusion. 

"The Berserker. It's him. Kate did it." Kira adds.

My mouth drops and I think back to the Beserker that just attacked us a few minutes ago. The only Beserker we saw, which would mean it would have our full attention. Back at the warehouse, Peter was telling us to kill the Beserkers. This was why. He wants us to kill Scott. 

"What are you talking about?" Stiles demands from beside me. 

I sharply turn around to race back through the way we came. Malia and Liam are fighting against Scott right now. With Peter somewhere nearby, he'll use any chance he can get to get them to kill Scott. 

"Wait- Clara!" Stiles shouts after I sprint away from them. 

Kira's voice grows louder for me to hear as I run back to our friends. "She made him into one of them. I don't know how, but it's him, Clara."

I focus on keeping my breathing steady as I agilely dart through the Church to get back to that main room. I burst out of an open doorway to see Peter toss a Beserker bone to Malia. 

"Take it aim for the skull!" Peter coaches her. "Kill it!" 

I plant my feet on the ground and draw back an arrow. Liam and Peter each grab an arm of Scott to hold it against a wall. Malia runs towards the Beserkers completely unaware that it's Scott. I take a deep breath and shoot the arrow right where the bone will be in a few seconds in Malia's hand. 

The arrow skins the top of Malia's knuckles forcing her to drop the bone before she can hurt Scott. By the time the bone drops to the floor, I'm already reaching everyone with my katana out and bow over my back. 

"Malia, wait!" Stiles yells from another part of the room. "It's Scott. It's Scott!" 

Liam peers up at the eyes underneath the skull for confirmation. Scott throws Liam to the ground and tosses Peter to the side. Next, he punches Malia right across her cheek. He keeps his eyes on Liam on the ground and begins to stalk towards him while Liam crawls away. 

Kira just lets him go by her, "Scott? Scott, don't!" 

I step in front of Liam once there's enough room. 

Stiles moves towards Scott, in attempt to draw his attention away and bring him back to his normal self. "Scott, it's me."

A large arm flies toward Stiles, sending him falling to the ground. Liam finally manages to crawl to his feet and I forcefully shove him out of the way, seconds before Scott tries to grab him. Instead, Scott's hand harshly grab onto me to slam me backwards against the wall.