Chapter Nine

5 months later...

Lauren's POV

You can say that Camz and I have fallen into some sort of a pattern over the past couple of months. Our junior year of college was over and we were soon starting our senior year. Lucas was growing like a weed he was nine months already, over the past few months I have gotten really attached to the little guy. I was scared shitless when I first told my mom I would keep him, but a month or so passed and I was still in one piece plus I had Camila who was great. She eventually moved in with me practically living there anyway, but she made sure she didn't leave Dinah alone so Normani became her roommate which she was happy not to be living in the dorms anymore.

I was in the kitchen cooking dinner for us Camila was in the living room playing with Lucas. The food was almost done; I did most of the cooking because Camila was only familiar with a few dishes. But I didn't mind it I actually like cooking and she enjoyed my cooking so why not.

"Lauren, come quick!"Camila yelled from the other room.

I cut off the stove and I walk out into the living room that was altered to fit a moving baby. Camila was sitting on the floor holding onto Lucas who was trying to get out of her hands.

"What is it baby, did something happen?" I asked her.

"I didn't want you to miss it but Lucas was taking some steps I stopped him before he could take anymore." Camila said excitedly.

"Really?" I walk up to them. "Were you trying to walk without me buddy?" I asked Lucas.

He just grinned at me revealing four little teeth two at the top and two at the bottom; I think they made the little guy ever cuter than he was before.

"Honey, why don't you sit over there and I'll see if he'll come to you." Camila says to me.

I take a seat on the floor across from her. "Okay let's see what the little guy can do." I said.

Camila stands him up supporting him with her hands. "Okay Luc make us proud." Camila said. "You have to coax him honey."

I smile at her then look at Lucas. "Come here big boy come to me." I said doing my best to coax him to me, he looked excited to get to me but couldn't get a balance on his footing. "You can do it buddy."

He finally got his balance and Camila lets go of him slowly and he started making shaky steps towards me. My heart swells ten times its size as he eagerly made his way to me.

I reach my arms out. "Come on your almost there." He had the biggest smile on his face; his arms were stretched out to keep his balance. A few more steps with his chunky legs and he was in my arms.

"Yay!" Camila and I both said.

Lucas smiles widely clapping his hands, I kiss him on his chunky cheek and he giggles. "That was amazing buddy." I look over at Camila who's watching us I smile at her holding Lucas tightly in my arms. "I swear he just learned how to crawl yesterday." I said, I was happy that he was starting to walk but sad at the same time knowing that he was growing up, that he would soon be walking around the apartment.

Camila crawls over to me the sits down. "It does seem like it was yesterday, but baby's hit milestone really fast and all we could do is savor these moments." She looks at Lucas who was nibbling on his fingers.

"I guess your right baby." Lucas wanted his freedom so he gets back on the floor and crawls over to his toys.

"Did you finish cooking?" She asked me.

"Yes I did, I will fix the plates and you can meet me in the kitchen." I get up from where I was sitting and went back into the kitchen.

After fixing our food and putting it on the table Camila comes into the kitchen holding Lucas, she takes him over to his highchair and places him in it. Camila takes a seat in front of her food she looks at me and smiles. "This looks amazing baby."