Chapter 12

~Recap~

Let the adventures begin.

Destiny's POV

Matthew hasn't texted me the whole time we have been in Melbourne. I stalked his social media just like any other girl would only to find out that he did succeed in getting back with his Ex.

Ugh what a waste of my time.

I groan very loudly, which was probably super loud considering that it was 3 AM and everything was dead silent. I felt kind of bad, but my guilt disappeared when I heard Diana clapping along to the Friends theme song and even singing along.

"NOBODY TOLD US LIFE WAS GONNA BE THIS WAYYYYY." Clap clap clap

I laughed as I got out of bed and wrapped my blanked around me and walked downstairs. Diana was visibly present in the couch in her own blanket cocoon with her usual tub of icecream.

"Sup." I greet as I flop into the couch with her.

"You okay?" She asks while offering me a spoon that I think appeared from her cocoon.

This is what I loved about our friendship. She didn't even have to look at me to know that something was wrong, she knew exactly what I was feeling whether I was okay or sad. I loved this kid.

"Matthew got back with his ex." I mumble as I shove a bite of icecream into my mouth.

"Whelp his loss. You're all mine, plus I saw you and Beau." She says while nudging me with her elbow I believe. She succeeded in touching me buy soon toppled off the couch and into the floor.

"Destinyyyy flip me over so I could at least see the TV." She pleads. "He's not even my best friend anymore. He doesn't deserve our friendship." I comply and continue with our conversation.

"Ha yeah you're right." I answer the best friend part. "Well yeah I was with Beau, he was pretty funny and easy to talk to, plus fuck man did you see his biceps?"

"Yeah they were pretty impressive, I ship it. I think he is way better than Matthew he is good looking, sweet, and available, what more do you need?" She replies keeping her eyes glued to the TV.

"Yeah you're right, maybe we can make plans again soon." I say hopefully.

"We can play soccer this time. We will dominate!!!" she say excitedly.

"Hell yes. How do we tell them?" I say back.

"I have Jai's number." She informs me. She pulls her phone out of the blanket and hands it to me.

"Zeeyum you move fast. You have all of their numbers!!" I say as I scroll through the contacts list.

"Well yeah we're friends." She says nonchalantly. I text all of them about tomorrow in a group chat. I got replies in minutes all flooding in at once.

Dork: Let's do it.

Bestfriend Beau: all of us? You sure you won't cry when you lose?

Luke: what time?

James: can I be on your team again?

Skip: TRAITOR. But yeah I want to.

Abby: SHHHHHHHH OKAY BUT EVERYONE SHHHHH PEOPLE ACTUALLY SLEEP AY THIS TIME.

Luke: Awww look we woke the girl from her beauty sleep.

Diana: yeah she looks crusty without it.

Abby: wait till tomorrow morning. 🙃

Jai: everyone #prayforlilo

Everyone: #prayforlilo