36.

Scarlet's pov.

"We're not broken, just bent."

P!nk feat. Nate Ruess - Just Give Me a Reason

-

Instantly a million different scenarios jumped into my head, Harry's words were vague enough for me to picture the best and worst type of situations. Mostly worst. Did he want to tell me the same thing Zayn did earlier? Was he jealous and wanted me to break up with him? Or did he actually want a threësome?

But of course, knowing Harry, it wouldn't be anything that I could imagine.

"What about him?" I bit my lip in anxiety, just wanting him to word vomit everything and get this over with.

Of course not, he will talk as slow as possible. "I haven't seen you together too often, I don't know how this relationship is. But I know you and also know him", he looked deeply into my eyes, carefully figuring out the words to say. He was worrying me. "I didn't notice anything until yesterday-"

"Come on, Harry", I hurried him.

"I was just making an introduction", he scolded me. "Uh- Where was I?"

"Jesus Christ", I huffed impatiently.

"You made me lose my train of thought!" He pointed at me, also impatient. "I fücking know you, Scarlet. I know you're strong, but I would never take you as naïve."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I furrowed my brows, getting on defensive mode.

"Zayn's just... I don't know if he does this on purpose. He likes you enough to assume you in front of us and take you to parties, so I don't know. The point is, he's playing mind games with you, he's manipulating and even possibly psychologically abusing you-"

"Woah there!" I interrupted him. "Abusing me? Said the fella who physically hurt me before we even met."

"Just pay attention, Scarlet. This is important, let your guard down", he said calmly and ignoring my claims. "You had an argument, he made it feel like it's your fault and you believed him. You apologised. This was right in front of me and I'm pretty sure it wasn't the first time, right?"

"Well-"

"He makes you feel like you are the one who's wrong all the time, even if it isn't your fault?" He didn't let me finish.

"Harry, it's not like that. You saw one situation and then jumped into conclusions", I explained to him.

"What I remember from the situation was you explaining to him that you're not his property, right?" I nodded. "But you ended up apologizing. How is that right?"

He hit me right in the heart with that one, leaving me with no words to justify anything else.

"Just give it a thought, like I said, you're strong. You're no one's property, so that means you get to think for yourself", he spoke in an encouraging tone, but I couldn't feel anything good. I felt dumb.

My forehead was filled with creases as I thought about what he said to me, and he noticed, giving that I didn't say anything after his words.

It couldn't be true. Zayn would never do that, he's a sweet and caring guy, he would never play mind games with his own girlfriend. But then again, what do I know about him?

I know that I like him by the man he is, doesn't matter what his favourite colour is. These things come with time and we find out as we get to know each other everyday.

"Well, you don't have to do it right now", Harry broke the awkward silence. I scolded him with my eyes, to which he responded with a chuckle. "I'm joking. Do you want to eat anything while you think?"