51.

Valerie's pov.

"I drink the honey inside your hive, you are the reason I stay alive."

Closer - Nine Inch Nails

[TW: R a p e. Beginning and end of that part is marked with a * in case you don't want to read it.]

-

As the night got deeper and the alcohol began to leave my system, I realised the reason I was horny wasn't because of Harry himself, but the damn substance that turns me into a nymphomaniac each time I drank it. I always ended up having sex when I drank and most of the time was with someone that I wouldn't want to if I was sober.

With Harry I know this isn't an issue for obvious reasons, the problem here is not a matter of wouldn't, it's a shouldn't.

The only way I could know for sure if he's not just stalling me, saying what I wanted to hear just to get laid, is if I don't give what he wants unless it's proven that he'll take action when needed. I know Harry, I should trust him if I wanted to have a serious relationship, but I've been heart-broken too many times to take that chance.

I hit the peak of my night when my lips hit the hot tea I prepared for us. Harry sat on the other side of the counter, visibly confused.

"You know", he said the first words since he got into my dark apartment, with his eyebrows furrowed and holding the tea-cup below his lower-lip as he paused a little to blow on the liquid. "When you asked me to come upstairs, I didn't think it would be to drink tea."

I smirked, hiding it behind the cup. I took another sip and watched him.

"I thought we were having sex", he seemed disappointed, suddenly leaving his word filter at the door.

"Don't you think you're a bit too drunk to get it up?" I didn't want to sound offensive, but his reaction told me I had failed.

"Hey, I can get it up no matter what", he stood his ground, attempting to defend his masculinity. Little did he know that I didn't give a shít. "Besides, it takes one good look at you for me to get hard."

"Either way, I'm not having sex with you until you're single."

"What?!"

"Dude, I've got neighbours", I covered my ears. His sudden exaggerated reaction being way too loud in the silence of the night.

"Don't you think that's a bit harsh?" He asked me, my eyes diverging to his pink wet lips, making me question this decision a hundred times before I answered him.

"I want to change some things in my life, not fúcking men that are taken is one of them", I said, and yet my eyes didn't leave his lips.

"You know you're going to Hell for what you did to Zayn anyways, right?" Harry smiled, I knew he was just making fun of me.

"Too soon, Harry. Too soon", I let him know with a low voice as I rolled my eyes and walked towards my room, leaving the tea behind.

I heard his faint footsteps behind me, indicating he removed his shoes and had only socks on. He was like a cat, almost imperceptible.

I entered my room and fought the urge of throwing myself on the bed and falling asleep. Instead, I tiredly kicked the high heels out of my feet and removed my dress, not thinking too much of it.

"Now you're just teasing me", Harry moaned. I looked back and saw him lying on my bed, making himself comfortable.

"So you're staying", I threw a hint and he wouldn't take it.