Five

Five

Harry sipped the coffee in his rainbow mug, feeling his mom's eyes on him. "Have you spoken to Gemma at all?" She asked.

"No mum, not since I moved out. She left before I did, remember?" He sighed. "I doubt she'll be at the funeral."

"She could surprise us, you never know."

"What a nice surprise, she leaves us for years and comes back for a fucking funeral. So wonderful."

"Harry!" Anne scolded. "Watch your mouth. I will call her later. I'm going to do laundry, please put your mug in the dishwasher."

"Yes, mother." Harry smiled warmly because he loves his mom and that order sounded a little bit like Louis.

*****

Nick and Harry sat on the maroon bar stools of Funky Buddha. With a tequila sunrise in Nick's hand and a beer in Harry's, one of them was ready for a night of drinking and dancing. Harry didn't want to be there.

"Wanna play the scale game? You know - rate a girl one to ten?" Nick raised an eyebrow.

Harry licked his lips and shook his head. "I'm gay. And you shouldn't objectify women like that. They're more than just their looks."

Nick rolled his eyes and stood up, "Okay Harry. I'll be out on the dance floor and if you'd like to join me when you're not so bitter, feel free."

He watched the tall brunette walk away and off into the large crowd. He didn't want to dance with girls or kiss them or sleep with them. He just wanted to drink away his sorrow and wallow in sadness, all while plopped on the uncomfortable bar stool.

About two hours passed and Harry hadn't moved from his seat. The bartender cut him off after eight beers, but he didn't notice. He drank the water he was given without a second thought.

Nick never returned, which didn't surprise him. He left two $20 bills, hoping that would pay for his drinks, and sulked out of the bar.

It was going to be a long week.

Hi, sorry this is so short. I wanted to have a chapter focused more on Harry and his emotions. The next chapter will be focused on Louis.

Please vote and comment! I would love to hear your thoughts :) x