Nine

Nine

"I need a job," Louis sighed, sitting on the sofa across from Harry. "The bills won't pay for themselves."

Harry nodded. "Well, there's that diner downtown that's hiring.. my friend Liam owns it, maybe he could get us jobs."

"I think I know what one you're talking about.. My friend Niall works there. I say we go in today and see if they're hiring."

The two grabbed their phones and Louis's keys and headed out to the diner, hoping this would be their lucky break.

*****

Two days later, both boys heard back around the same time that they had been hired. Harry was a chef and Louis was a waiter. He was happy he got to wear one of the cute aprons, his was pink with flowers.

It was late, around 8pm. The diner closes at 9 and it was Louis and Harry's night to lock everything up.

"Thank you, have a good night!" Louis beamed widely at the departing customers and swiftly cleaned their table off. "I think that's it for tonight, Haz. But could you maybe make me something? I haven't eaten since lunch."

"What's the magic word?" Harry teased, raising an eyebrow at him from behind the bar.

"Please?"

He pretended to think before shaking his head. "No, it was lollipop. But please works too. What d'you want, Lou?"

"A grilled turkey and avocado sandwich please. Tomato and lettuce as well. Thank you, you're a doll," Louis untied his apron and rested it on the bar chair, slipping onto it. "How was your work day?"

"It was alright," Harry answered, back to Louis as he grilled the bread. "I'm still getting the hang of cooking the meals fast, but still nicely. How about you, how's waiting?"

Louis shrugged. "People could be nicer once in a while, maybe not give me dirty looks for my apron but it's not a big deal. It is what it is."

"I can hit the mean people with my spatula for you," Harry turned around, hair dangling in his face since he took it out of the bun. He whipped the spatula around, pretending to fight someone off.

Louis giggled, fonding at the boy in front of him and how adorably dorky he is. "H, babe, you're going to burn my toast. I can whip people with a spatula on my own, thank you though."

Harry finished up the sandwich and even made one for himself. He also made two lemonades with cherries. He slid across the meal and walked around to sit next to Louis.

"Mmph, this is really good," Louis spoke, his mouth full.

"Lou, don't do that. Eat with your mouth closed, baby."

The pet name surprised both of them, a faint blush creeping up their cheeks. "Sorry," Louis squeaked, swallowing his food. "But seriously, this is great. And the lemonade is delicious."

"Thank you," Harry smiled brightly. "Hey, would this be considered a date?"

"I suppose," Louis looked down at his plate, blushing more now. "Do you want it to be a date?"

"Whatever you want, babycakes," Harry smirked at the name and held his hand across the table.

"Then it's a date."

This is short and a bit sucky, but here you go - a long overdue update. I'm so sorry babes but I was very busy. I promise updates will be more frequent.

Love you loads, thank you for continuing to believe in me.

Please comment and vote :) x