Fourteen

Fourteen

Spring had washed over Louis's apartment, flowers growing practically anywhere they could get a glimpse of warm sunlight. It was a beautiful March afternoon when Harry let himself into the older boy's apartment, a big grin on his face.

"Hey!" Louis yelped, as his back was turned cleaning the countertops when Harry entered. "Hi baby boy, what's up? Why are you all smiley?"

"Well, I wanted to surprise you tonight but I just can't contain my excitement!" Harry exclaimed. "I'm taking you to meet my mum later, for dinner. We're going to Pizza Union."

Louis put the cleaning spray down and fumbled with his hands. "That sounds great, H. I love that place." He forced a small smile then continued to wipe down the counters.

Harry looked at him questioningly and tilted his head, "You don't sound like you're excited... what's wrong?" When Louis didn't answer and just began to wipe the appliances down, Harry sighed. "Love, please just stop cleaning for one second and talk to me. You've been wanting to meet my mum forever. What changed?"

"Nothing changed, I really do want to meet her," Louis took a breath. "I'm just nervous. I'm so crazy about you and I want her to like me. I'm afraid all of my flaws are just going to stick out to her."

"She's going to love you, Lou," Harry promised. "She's going to see how happy we are and that'll be enough for her. Trust me."

Louis smiled warmly at Harry and walked over to him, grabbing his cheeks and kissing him passionately. "Thank you, baby. I can't wait to meet her."

*****

Louis opened the door to the Pizza Union for Harry and entered behind him, immediately spotting Anne at a table in the corner, her eyes scanning the menu. She had gorgeous, dark hair, and lovely features just like Harry.

"Mum!" Harry beamed. Anne stood up and opened her arms wide, waiting for that perfect son hug. She squeezed him tight and pulled away, eyeing Louis. "Mum, this is Louis, my boyfriend. Louis, this is my mum."

"It's so nice to meet you..." Louis paused, not sure how to address her, holding his hand out for a shake.

Anne chuckled. "Please, call me Anne, honey. And no handshakes!" She grabbed Louis by the arms and gave him a bear hug. "Only hugs for the man who is making my little boy so happy." Louis blushed.

The three sat down, Anne across from Louis and Harry. "So, how did you two meet?" She asked, eyebrows raised.

Louis and Harry exchanged looks, not sure if they wanted to tell the full story. "Well, erm," Louis began. "He bumped into me in the hallway and I dropped some laundry items from my basket. Then he asked me for Splenda and –"

"Oh, Harry, Splenda?" Anne interrupted, giving her son the mom eye. "You know I'd much rather you use the organic stuff from Amazon."

Harry's face went bright red and his eyes wide, as Louis bust out laughing. "That's pretty much what I said when he asked! From there, we kind of just hit it off. Your son makes me very happy, Anne." Louis placed his hand on Harry's knee under the table and squeezed gently.

One (and a half) pizzas and a slice of cheesecake later, Harry was yawning and Louis knew it was time to wrap it up soon and let his baby get some sleep.

Anne noticed too and called the waiter over to get the check. Once he walked away, she began to talk. "Louis, Harry had mentioned to me over the phone recently that you went to my husband's grave." Louis just nodded. "I just wanted to thank you... for doing that. You didn't have to, but you did. You did it because you love my boy. I respect that, and I'm so happy you two found each other."

At this point, Louis's eyes brimmed with tears. "Thank you, Anne. I would've loved to know him, from what Harry says, he sounded like a terrific father. I can't imagine what you went through. I'm glad I was able to talk to him at the cemetery for a bit, to tell him how happy his son makes me." Louis looked over at Harry and grabbed his hand under the table. Harry's eyes were watering now too and he looked back at Louis, with the brightest twinkle in his eyes.

The waiter brought the check back and wished them all a good night. "Okay, okay," Anne laughed, quickly swiping a tear that fell down her cheek. "Let's go home before we all start crying." They all got up and exchanged hugs and cheek kisses and parted their ways.

Louis unlocked the car and the two slipped inside. "Louis, I... you are..." Harry stumbled. "I don't even know what to say." He turned to Louis, tears running down his cheeks.

"Oh baby, why are you crying?" Louis cooed, using his thumbs to wipe the tears off his cheeks.

"I just love you, so much."

Louis was crying now too, the previous conversation with Anne and Harry's loving words caused the tears to just burst out. Without saying a word, Louis leaned forward and kissed Harry sweetly, using his hands to pull him closer.

After what felt like an eternity to the boys, Harry pulled away, lips red. Louis just grinned like a fool. "I love you too. What do you say we continue this at home?" He raised an eyebrow at Harry, playing with the collar of his shirt.

Harry let out a breath, feeling the heat grow already. "Please."

HI EVERYONE!

I finally updated, can you believe it?

Thank you all for the endless support and love on this story! I just have to address one thing. I know it's strange to see both a top and feminine Louis. However, it's not impossible, especially since this is already a work of fiction. Additionally, it's also my story, and if you don't like that, you don't have to read it. Some of the negative comments make me sad because this is something I worked hard on (and hopefully will continue to work hard on) and I want you guys to enjoy it! Relationships can be whatever the two people involved want and they can also be versatile.

Again, thank you for the support and I hope you liked this update!

Jordan x