Six

Six

Everything had to be perfect for Louis. He had heard of people with OCD that have consistent routines - brushing their teeth the same amount of times, closing the door over and over again, and so on. But he wasn't like that. He just needed things to be calm, serene, and clean.

He knew Harry was the opposite. He knew Harry didn't care about the stains on his counter or clothes or couch. He didn't care for the smell of his apartment or sometimes, even the smell of himself. Louis hated dirt and mess but for some reason, he found himself really liking the somewhat mess that is Harry Styles.

Louis was close to his mother and siblings. He wasn't always close with his dad, so he didn't really understand the meaning of a father. So when Harry's had died, he couldn't connect.

But with him fancying the taller lad a bit, he forced himself to connect and did feel sympathetic.

His mom had come over for tea - both of them loved the organic cane sugar - and they were chatting away. They sat on the pastel pink sofa, a baby blue blanket draped perfectly straight over their legs.

"So, any boys you have your eye on?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

Louis pursed his lips. "No, I mean, yes - kind of. His name is Harry, he lives across the hall. He has such beautiful eyes and the loveliest hair. He's really sweet... just, messy."

"Harry, hm? Tell me more about him. He's messy... how so?"

"Mum, you sound like a therapist."

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" Johannah chuckled. "You're my baby, and I just want to know what goes on in your life. Doris and Ernest don't have any real drama in their life yet and I'm sick of hearing all of Lottie's problems - oh, don't tell her I said that."

Louis shook his head, giggling. He loved his family. "Don't worry, I won't tell her. I guess I'll spill about Harry, then. I first met him in the hall, he bumped into me and caused my laundry basket to spill everywhere."

"I bet it made you mad because you had it perfectly folded, am I right?" She raised an eyebrow and he nodded. "See, I know my son. Continue."

"He saw my Hello Kitty pajamas, it was so embarrassing!" Louis blushed at the memory, deciding to leave out the panties part. His mom didn't need to know every little detail. "And then he came over and asked for Splenda. Splenda! Needless to say, he now uses the same organic cane sugar I do."

"Is that all that has happened between you two? You like this boy based on a sugar incident?"

"We had a little tea date and saw Trainwreck last month. And he came over the other day and we had lunch and baked cupcakes - well, I baked cupcakes. We had a flour and egg fight and my OCD got the best of me and I freaked out on him." Louis took a breath. "He knows the truth though, I told him about my disorders. He respected it."

"That's lovely, Lou," She grinned. "Is he home now? Can I say hello?"

"He's out of town. And even if he was home, I wouldn't let you go over there. No way."

"What? I can't show him the baby pictures I have of you in my wallet?"

"I love you mum - but, no. We're not at that step quite yet."

"Aw," She put her hand over her heart and smiled warmly. "I love you too."

Happy New Year! I hope you all had a safe and fun holiday break.

Louis and his mum have such a cute relationship :,) I had to include it. Family is really important in this story and will play more of an important role as it goes on.

Comment your thoughts and vote please!

Have a good day babes :) x