Day Three

"Spin's sick," Jon said, leaning against the door and frowning at Ryan. "He spent all night throwing up and now has a hangover from hell which he deserves for drinking so much." Jon turned his head towards the beds and spoke loudly, earning a groan of complaint from his boyfriend. "I don't think he'll be able to do much today, Ry."

"What about Brendon?" Ryan asked with a hint of annoyance, arms locked in a folded position over his chest as he glared at the slightly older man. "He'll be here soon expecting to do shit with us."

"You can still go with him." Jon smiled, his eyes sparkling with a hinting shine. Ryan glared harder, the corners of his mouth pulling farther towards the floor. "I'm sure Spence will be fine tomorrow so we can go then but today he's basically confined to the bed. Don't keep your miserable self inside all day, Ryan. Hang out with Brendon. He seems nice enough."

"Fine." Ryan didn't feel like arguing because he was tired, having been up tossing and turning all night. "I hate you, Spencer Smith!" he yelled into the room, looking over Jon's shoulder. "You owe me big!"

"Love you too," Spencer called back, voice groggy and blank. "George." he added, just to make Ryan mad.

"Have fun with Brendon," Jon said. "You deserve a distraction from your life; even if only for today."

"It'll be your fault when they find my mangled, murdered body being pecked at by seagulls on the beach." Ryan bitterly told Jon, making him laugh.

"See you tonight, Ry," Jon said before shutting the door, leaving Ryan all alone in the hall. He didn't fully buy the 'Spencer's Sick' excuse. They just wanted Ryan to be alone with Brendon, determined to make the two a couple. Ryan didn't come to Hawaii to find his next heartbreak though; he came because he was pretty much forced to. Jon and Spencer probably just wanted to fuck all day and therefore found a single, cute, local to dump Ryan on for the day.

Sighing, Ryan left them alone and headed down the hallway towards the lobby to wait for Brendon who, for his own sake, better be on time. If he's not, Ryan will only make the day more miserable. Unfortunately, when Ryan walked into the open space of seating and windows, roughly quarter to ten, Brendon was already there; leaning against the desk and talking happily to the woman behind it. Ryan didn't know what bothered him more; Brendon already there or the face that Brendon was just as happy as ever. They both annoyed him though. The early part because it was bonus points towards the native. Ryan took a deep breath and dropped his arms, heading for the desk with the least miserable face he could manage. Brendon was agreeing to show them around regardless of his other obligations therefore Ryan at least owed it to him to try and be happy.

"Ryan!" Brendon merrily greeted him upon sighting Ryan. He had sunglasses on top of his head, a green shirt with some sort of surfing logo, baggy tan capri's, and flip flops for today's outfit; still wearing the shell necklace as well as a variety of bands around one arm. "Aloha, my mainland friend." Brendon smiled brightly, making Ryan cringe.

"Morning," he said in response. Brendon pushed off the desk, uncrossing his ankles, and headed towards Ryan.

"Where are Spencer and Jon?" Brendon asked, glancing past Ryan towards the hall of rooms. It wasn't a big hotel but it was nice.

"They can't, uh, make it." Ryan told him, shoving his hands in his pockets. "Spencer's not feeling good; drank too much last night I guess."

"That sucks," Brendon said whilst frowning. "I can come back tomorrow if you'd rather."

"No, it's okay." Ryan spoke faster than he would have liked, Brendon's lips starting to turn to a smile again. "I could hang with you for the day...if you'd like..." he tried to keep his voice level and as interested as he could, not wanting to sound forced.